Extremely Picky Eater

Status
Not open for further replies.

packblt

Completely Boxer Crazy
Well...atleast he's eating. I know it's not the most nutritional thing for him but I guess as long as you have him eating consistently and he's getting the chicken he will be fine.

Our pups do make us crazy sometimes:)

DENALIGIRL

Boxer Buddy
So how are things going with River now? Just curious I notice your River displays some similarities to my Zoey.

I also read that you tried Seacure on Cedar, any thoughts on trying the Seacure on the days you can actually get River to eat? It definitely cannot hurt...and the benefits of getting added protein into River would be tremendous.

I have made Zoey mac n cheese (right out of the blue box) before and it has proven to be effective to get her to eat. But once the mac n cheese is a day old she's no longer intersted.

A few other ideas - Zoey loves her food to be "warm", she prefers to eat when we eat, I have actually sat down with her and fed her a few times when I couldn't get her to eat, I have tried a new type of green tripe in the can from Canada called Tripett (wonderful but extremely smelly stuff), and jack mackerel.

Also I give her digestive enzymes and probiotics in her food to help with on and off loose stools.

Let us know how things are going with River and keep it up!!

cooper22

Boxer Booster
River has slowly been making progress. I have been feeding hamburger/chicken/potatoes/lentils with a little dog food. He has been getting Seacure. It is a slow, long process with bumps along the way, but hopefully he will someday be a normal dog :(

packblt

Completely Boxer Crazy
Glad to hear he's making some progress, hopefully it will all come together for him (and you, I know it's not easy when there's something not quite right.)

Sending hugs:)

Status
Not open for further replies.