Excessive Drooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

LillyBear

Boxer Booster
So a couple of weeks ago we took Lilly on vacation with us. We were in the Texas hill country and she got to play in the Guadalupe River which she loved. Since then, she's been acting strange and we have a vet appointment later today. She is drooling alot more than normal. She usually only drools when she's eating, drinking, or sees something yummy she wants to eat. That's not the case anymore. It seems like the drooling just comes out of nowhere. She is also shaking her head alot and seems restless. She had a bath last night and that will usually make for a peaceful night sleep yet she was up most the night pacing around.

I'm just afraid maybe something bit her or stung her in the water. But there is no swelling or bite mark and we didn't see any snakes. She also has frequent ear infections so that may possibly be it. I read online that pain will cause excessive drooling. I'm just hoping it's not serious.

Any of you guys seen this before?

Cami

Boxer Insane
My girl hyper-salivated when she was nauseated. It was like someone left a faucet turned on in her mouth!

LillyBear

Boxer Booster
My girl hyper-salivated when she was nauseated. It was like someone left a faucet turned on in her mouth!
Was she throwing up or were there any other symptoms with the nausea?

We did. She saw the vet yesterday and her ears are fine and she did not have a fever. She was all wiggles and love at the vets office and so he said she didn't appear to be in any pain. He put her on a steroid for a couple of weeks, prednisone - not sure of spelling there, thinking there was some inflations somewhere due to an allergic reaction, possibly.

It looked to me like he didn't have a clue. I'm going to give that a try for a few days and will schedule an appointment for her with another vet next week.

She slept much better last night and had breakfast this morning but she was drooling when I left.

Status
Not open for further replies.