1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever had this happen to you at work?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Sherry, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherry

Sherry Boxer Booster

Don't you just hate it when you're supposed to be working, but of course you are surfing the boxer rescue sites, and the one you just brought up starts with dogs barking? I thought I had the volume down, but guess not low enough. How embarrassing! I've got to be more careful.

When I don't have something to keep me busy, I spend a lot of time checking this site and other rescue sites. Does anyone else do the same?

:rolleyes:

2. Cayenne's Mom

Cayenne's Mom Boxer Insane

I tend to surf BW or the local rescue sites or what ever can get me some down time. I always but my Volume on mute just in case. I can minimize my screen when my boss comes into my office but it is a lot harder to turn down unexpected noises. :D

3. vasha

vasha Boxer Pal

yah, i usually keep my speakers turned off or have headphones plugged in :)

but my boss is cool, and as long as the work gets done, we can basically surf all day :)

kaiser hugs n slobbers foolicon
    VaSHa frogicon

4. Bosco'sMom

Bosco'sMom Super Boxer

I guess I'm lucky my computer at work doesn't have speakers. ;)

5. BRIDGIT

BRIDGIT Completely Boxer Crazy

That has never happen to me but that would sure be funny. I always have my volume down low because I get some personal e-mails here and it always makes a "ding" noise and I don't want everyone to know I got an e-mail. ;)

6. BXRmum

BXRmum Boxer Booster

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I actually got scolded for logging onto BW 8 times in one morning! I was following a rescue story so I kept logging in every few hours just to check. Now I try and control my addiction to BW by only logging in once or twice a day :p

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

And you guys get paid for this??????:LOL:

8. bxr_lvr

bxr_lvr Boxer Booster

Unfortunately when I sit at my computer the opening to my "cubicle" is behind me and I don't have eyes in the back of my head to see who is coming. The boss or anyone else can walk right up behind me and look over my shoulder before I ever see them coming. Also, the clerk in our office has a bad reputation of being on the phone and the internet 24/7. So, the computer dept. routinely reports to the supervisor how long, how many times, and what sites we visit. Needless to say, it is almost a pink slip to surf the net. So.....no boxers. I have to settle for my wall calendar, my computer wallpaper, my screensaver, and pictures of my girl!!!!!

:rolleyes: :(

9. Karine

Karine Boxer Buddy

;)
    The only place I can surf on BW is at work!
    I have Internet access here, and not at home...

Good thing is, I'm kinda the one who's in charge and since I work the night shift, I don't see my boss 'till 7 am!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

He wouldn't like it if he knew!smashicon smashicon

But what he don't know can't make him mad!:D

Anyways, as long as my work is done, what can he do?:D

10. Maggie's Mommy

Maggie's Mommy Super Boxer

I work in the IT (infomation technology) department at a Fortune 500 company as the executive secretary, and I am guilty of getting on the 'net and surfing many times throughout the day. It never fails - just as BoxerWorld pages load, my boss happens to stroll by my office...and notices what web site I've got pulled up. This has made for great conversation with my boss, and I would pull up the picture gallery to show him the beautiful boxer photos submitted by the proud owners (including myself - a February post of Maggie.) And guess what this has done for my boss??? He's doing his "homework" on boxers and is thinking about getting a Boxer. I don't know how many times he's stopped by my office asking me for the web address to BoxerWorld. I finally went to his office, pulled up the site, and put it in his favorites. (One would think that a supervisor of an IT department would know how to bookmark a web site, but noooo - not my boss...LOL)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.