ever foamed from the nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanz

Boxer Insane
I took Cinnamon for a nice walk today. Got her sweater on cuz it was a bit chilly..but it was nice. And off we went. We walked around the neighbourhood for about 10 minutes and then headed up to a big field (well used to be a nice fieldy forest place...now no forest just lots of houses.. a baseball diamond 2 parks and a basketball/tennis court) but theres still quite a bit of grassy space. Anyway on the way up the hill she spotted a cat and chased it back down the hill. So back up we went and theres usually a hockey rink up there but they take down the hockey box during the warm months becasue theres also a pool up there. Well the box was back up so i decided to put CInnamon in there and let her run off the leash. So I picked her up and put her in and i had to jump over it because the door was bolted shut. Anyway i found a stick in ther so we played with it for about a half hour.. fetch and chase etc. Then we walked aboput another 10 minutes and i noticed her nostrils were white and then upon closer inspection i saw they were foamy. Just wonderin if anyone has ever had this before..and is it because i ran her so much?

Sabrina

Boxer Booster
She may have just gotten too hot. Cortes will sometimes foam a little around his nose and mouth when he won't quit running and playing.

HELENE

Boxer Insane
Isabelle has a 'collapsed nostril' and when she gets a bit excited when we are out for a walk, she will have a foamy right nostril, I think that it is because she doesn't breathe properly on that side of her nose. I just have a kleenex handy to wipe it & clear the nostril, it doesn't seem to bother her at all.

Laurie_Duke

Completely Boxer Crazy
When Roxy gets over excited...her nose always foams to....I have seen this with other boxers, so I thought it would be one of there traits !!!

Maybe not....

Laurie

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
It's pretty common when they get excited. It's nothing to worry about.

angray

Boxer Booster
Sometimes when Mugsy gets over excited on our walks, he will foam on the sides of his nose too. I don't think it's a problem. I think he's just over excited and maybe a little over heated too.

tyson&ali

Boxer Booster
Every time we go to the park Tyson foams at the nose!! :LOL: it is so funny! Ali foams sometimes but she never plays quite as hard or quite as long as he does!

Coco'smommy

Boxer Insane
When Coco gets excited/worked up her nose will foam. We just have to wipe with a tissue or she'll wipe it on you..lol You know, the good ole boxer face wipe!

Ciscobxr

Boxer Insane
We had one experience with a dog park and Cisco ran till his nose was foaming. That is the only time though.

I always thought. . .

. . .it was one of the cutest traits ever for the breed. I always :LOL: when people asked me why Tomi had foam around his nostrils:LOL:. I laugh just thinking about how often it happened and how many people always asked me. i am perty sure it is a boxer trait and honestly, one of the cutest, I think:)

Status
Not open for further replies.