Enlarged lymph nodes can I help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

conn

Super Boxer
that sounds like really good news:):) toxic pills?? what are they? and what do they do for Cman? I don't think the weight will be too much of a problem for fat boy oh excuse me, svelt boy now:) just keep on giving him those yummy homeade meatballs and I think he will be happy. I think it is wonderful that he is up and moving around and seems to be well enough to extort meatballs from mommy:) big hugs from us and please post another update (or call me) this evening to let us know how sleazar digested the toxic pill. kingicon Caesar you are the king, we love you

boxer4

Boxer Insane
Stephanie,
Our late Dutch was on chemo for lymphoma also. They gave her pills that I had to wear gloves with too. Not sure if they are the same ones, what are yours?Off hand I can't remember the name but would reconize it. Also we got ours filled at the drug store because they are used in humans for chemo.
Our vet had also told me to be really careful where she peed and to wash it down , because it was also toxic to us and other dogs. The one problem I had with the pills were that one of the side effects was seizures or seizure like activity. The vet told us it was only a slight possibility that she would have this reaction, well as usual Dutch always was the exception and had the head twitching and foot tremors, not really a full seizure but at her age 10+ I was so nervous. They cut her dose down the next round (2months later) and she was fine.
So just in case these are the same pills keep an on on "C", I'm not trying to scare you but wanted to share our experience with the pills.
lovicon
Peg, Jan
Caesar, Brandi, Jake
& Maggie evilicon

myrocky

Boxer Insane
:eek: Those toxic pills do sound a little scary but Caesar being the tough guy he is I have no worries. I know he can take it :D

Good news on the lymph nodes appicon Must be all those meatballs he is getting ;) I don't know what they are made of but you could always try to add some of the kale (or other veggies he doesn't like) into the mix. He might take it better if it is covered with yummy stuff :p Did Caesar like the oatmeal? Rocky loves oatmeal LOL LOL He doesn't get it very often but he loves it with yogurt and mashed bananas.

I wouldn't worry to much about the weight loss. He still has a healthy appetite and that is where the focus lies. If his appetite starts to wane then you can get concerned :) Glad to hear he is pulling through this alright!

~Andie trots off to find her box of cheeze its~

:D

matilda8255

Boxer Insane
The toxic pills are Cytoxan (sp?) and their are 4 days worth not 3.smashicon They are treatment 2 of the chemo. boxer4 thank you soooo much for the info about the pee & poop. We had NO idea and the oncologist never mentioned it. Geez!!! We do have 2 other dogs and a cat here + us. nonoiconI called them right after I got your post and they confirmed. We will be following C around with the hose.

So far he has been ok with the pill. He has been sleeping the whole day but smiled and got up when I got home from work. He ate all is dinner and there has been no bad reaction to the tofu. (I know food alergies can take a while to appear;)) The paper from the doctor says they feel he is entering remission.appicon We will be keeping a close eye on him this weekend. Thank g_d it's Friday! This has been the work week from hell. Time to relax is here.beericon

Andie - C LOVED the oatmeal. The meatballs are ground organic chicken + garlic and tofu + we stuff the pills in them. We have been sneaking the dreaded kale into the chicken at dinner and he has been eating eveything!cool2icon By the way did you hear about the giant Cheeto?? I bet you guys really wanted it.
Stephanie

Last edited:

Cindy Creel

Boxer Insane
Great News

:D I am so glad to here your good news. I have been praying for him . Samson and Delilah love oatmeal, especially the cinnamon roll flavor. They also love the yogurt,smashed bananas, and honey mixture that someone put on the recipes. You mix the yogurt, bananas, and honey . Freeze in ice trays. They love these. I have not tried the tofu. But if it helps fight cancer, I will try it. Delilah got her biopsies back today on her cyst. It was NOT cancer. So we will both be cheering today. Great news about you big boy. I am so glad that the chem did not make him sick.

Cindy

boxer4

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by matilda8255
The toxic pills are Cytoxan (sp?) and their are 4 days worth not 3.smashicon They are treatment 2 of the chemo. boxer4 thank you soooo much for the info about the pee & poop. We had NO idea and the oncologist never mentioned it. Geez!!! We do have 2 other dogs and a cat here + us. nonoiconI called them right after I got your post and they confirmed. We will be following C around with the hose.
I'm glad I could be of help.I'm so glad I remembered it.
Yes the pill was Cytoxan and the info on the side effects was on an insert the drug store gave me and in a book I have.
I am surprised the Dr didn't tell you of the Pee/ Poop thing. Our poor girl was getting old and had problems holding it sometimes so an accident in the house was inevitable with all the meds she was on, I was always in fear that Duke would walk through it before I could get to it, he always followed her around (very close).
Glad to hear The "C" is doing alright. At least it is only a few days on the pills.

Peg,Jan
Caesar, Brandi, Jake
& Maggie

myrocky

Boxer Insane
How's Caesar doing today? Did he handle the pills alright and did you get to relax this weekend? :D

Giant Cheeto? You must tell me about this :p

Andie

myrocky

Boxer Insane
Holy crap that is one big Cheeto! I hope that guy padded the envelope well so that it doesn't get crushed during shipping :p Could you imagine finding that in your bag? JACKPOT!!! :LOL:

Glad to hear C is doing well! I bet he enjoyed the movies as well :D

Andie

Pssst Caesar, my mom gives me soup bones when she watches movies. Maybe you should ask your mom about them ;)

debbie knowles

Boxer Insane
Oh Man.....Goliath Knowles wanted to go on e-bay and bid on that giant Cheeto!!!! Hmmmmm, too bad, we missed it!:D

Keep on keeping on there big C!! We're still rooting for ya!!
Deb, GK ans Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.