1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enlarged lymph nodes can I help???

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by matilda8255, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matilda8255

matilda8255 Boxer Insane

C's weekly update

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!! Happily this week only involved blood tests and no chemo. C is doing great!!! He has been playing with toys and even threw a temper tantrum when evil Molly boxer stole his nylabone. He is staying at 60lbs and has resumed his sun worshiping activities. (He likes to follow the sun around the the backyard.) The dirty old man even tried to get some play from Cleo and has been chasing her with a vengance remarkng her spots.:D

We got the dehydrator and I made him chicken & beef liver snacks. It smelled so bad I thought I would die. I will never do it again.;) I forsee alot of london broil in C's future instead.

Overjoyed at Caesars remission I spent a good portion of my paycheck buying the furbabies presents. Everyone has recieved new nylabones, Molly got a fleece for the cold winter here (HA!!), Matilda cat got a new basket, and we are the proud owners of 2 new volleyballs and tons of tennis balls. There are so many presents you can't walk across my floor without stepping on something. All the babies are very happy and life is good. I will update you next week after the chemo. You guys are the best!

Stephanie

2. conn

conn Super Boxer

:LOL: partyicon that sounds great!!

dirty dirty boy you Caesar you:) i guess he really is feeling better! kisses and hugs to the whole famiily:)

3. boxer4

boxer4 Boxer Insane

So glad "Big C" is doing so good

Hey Steph,
    Did you cook the liver a little first, it doesn't smell as bad. When ever I do the liver/beef or liver/chicken thing, (I do it overnight as my hubby will puke if he smells liver :LOL: ) all 4 are sitting in front of the dehydrator when I wake up. I usually do it in the patio room so the smell stays back there...sometimes.:)

Poor Cleo, Maggie is busy being chased by our guys too, she has a slight urinary infection. What gets me is even Brandi gets in on it. :rolleyes:
    Hey we need a horney-icon :D

Peg, Jan
    Caesar, Brandi, Jake
    & Maggie

4. matilda8255

matilda8255 Boxer Insane

I did cook the liver first to 160 degrees to kill bacteria and ugh...the smell was awful. My boyfriend said he would move out if I ever made it again. :D LOL Poor Maggie & Cleo, they are just too good lookin. Molly like Brandi is also known to get a little too excited sometimes. It is really funny to see her hump Caesars head. He just sits their like mom get this crazy girl off my head! LOL A horney icon would be great!
    Stephanie

5. boxer4

boxer4 Boxer Insane

Steph,
    Brandi humps our Caesars head too :LOL: of course he is busy sniffing her at the same time:rolleyes:

As for the liver"UGH" thing, we have an outdoor plug I am thinking of dehydrating out there. I have visions of the neighborhood cats all sitting in our yard all meowing in different frequencies. That would make our guys happy.... ummmm kitty, they don't like cats...
    oops sorry Matilda. :o
    lovicon
    Peg, Jan
    Caesar, Brandi, Jake
    & Maggie evilicon

6. boxers4life2001

boxers4life2001 Boxer Insane

Glade to hear the C-Man is doing so goodfiestaicon

He is one tough cookie;) Keep up the good work!!!!!

~Carrie~

7. matilda8255

matilda8255 Boxer Insane

Don't read while eating..LOL

I guess we have been pretty lucky up to now. Poor C is having stomach issues.:( It started on Wed. when for some unknown reason C developed the explosive runs. We fed him rice and on Thurdsday he was a little better and got rice again. By Friday he seemed solid and we fed him his oatmeal before chemo.

After chemo C threw up everything and went back to liquid. He got bland chicken & a little garlic for dinner + all his supplements. He made it 3 hours and threw it all up. I had to get up with him several times throughout the night to take him out.

I have taken him off all liver treats and have gone back to making meatballs.smashicon This morning I wasn't going to feed him at all but he suckered me and camped out by the fridge for 2 hours waiting for breakfast. I caved and he got a little bland chicken.

So far he has managed to keep it down but still has had the bad runs twice. He wants to eat & is drinking water and I know that is a good sign. His blood work on Friday was perfect so hopefully it will pass soon. I am also looking into the Seacure to help with the nausea.

Meanwhile he is very happy we are back to meatballs and although tired and having stomach problems he is still smiling on his dog bed. I will keep you posted.
    Stephanie

Last edited: Apr 6, 2003
  8. boxer4

boxer4 Boxer Insane

Poor guy...
    Which drug was it they gave him last? I know Dutch had stomach issues with one of them ,the same thing. It was either Doxyrubin or Methotrexate I can't remember, I am leaning toward Doxyrubin because with that one she had to have it put in intravenous instead of just a shot and I had to wear a mask and gloves when I sat with her. I do remember that it also gave her the chills afterward. All my vet said was chicken and a little rice, and pepto tablets in between( he preferred the liquid but I ended up wearing more than I got in her. That took care of upset tummy and the runs. When does his chemo end??
    Hope "C" feels better soon. lovicon
    Peg,Jan
    Caesar, Brandi, Jake
    & Maggie

9. matilda8255

matilda8255 Boxer Insane

He had the Doxyrubin 2 weeks ago and the Vincristine on Friday. He is on a 25 week cycle of chemo so he still has a ways to go. After 3 more weeks he goes to every 2 weeks so that will be nice. Yep, he will be getting chicken & rice for din din tonight. If he wants to eat. I laced a meatball with kaopectate so maybe that will help. I've gotta get those pepto pills. I was covered with Kaopectate.:D
    Stephanie

10. boxer4

boxer4 Boxer Insane

Hey they make Kaopectate tablets too.:D
    For some reason my vet prefers Pepto, I'm not sure why, when ever I mention using one of the others he always says he would rather I used pepto...maybe he's got stock in it ??? :LOL:
    I never have any luck with liquid anything like that. I alway wear it and so does the furniture.
    I wonder if "C" just got a little stomach bug,:(
    Vincristine was the easiest on Dutch.
    lovicon
    Peg
    & The Pack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.