Elmer's Glue on the Carpet! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva

Boxer Booster
Last night I had a tad bit too much wine and was a little out of it. I was watching some tv and was about to go to bed when I noticed white stuff in various places on the carpet. At 1st I thought Roxy had thrown up (Kaiser had been sleeping on the couch w/me, while Roxy was on the floor.) I quickly realized, though, that the white stuff was Elmer's Glue on the carpet!!! It turns out Roxy had found the bottle and decided that this would be GREAT to chew and destroy. Well, I wasn't too sure how to approach this, so I grabbed a towel and wet it w/hot water, but this only seemed to make matters worse. Plus, I didn't want to soak the carpet. I tried some of the carpet clearner, but that didn't seem to work either. And since Mommy was a little too intoxicated at the moment, she quickly gave up. :o LOL Does anyone have any ideas how I can get all of this glue out??? Thank god it dried clear....

Eva

------------------
**VERY PROUD MAMA OF**
Roxy Ember Gitzes - Adopted at 7/99, 1 1/2 years old, female, fawn, natural ears

Kaiser Joe Gitzes - rescued from a shelter 7/00, 6 years old, male, fawn, cropped ears

[This message has been edited by Eva (edited 08-15-2000).]

C

ChrisM

HOT water and a shop-vac! Use a stiff brush to loosen it after soaking it with the hot water. Then suck it up with the vac. It DOES work; my skin kids got an entire bottle of GREEN Elmer's on the carpet and hid it from me until it dried so I know of what I speak!

------------------

Mom to:
LADY - White female, natural ears. Rainbow Bridge February 2000

TESS - Flashy Fawn female, born Dec, 1999, natural ears

ZELDA - Semi-flashy Female, natural ears, born May 31, 2000

Eva

Boxer Booster
Dear Chris,

By saying a shop-vac, do you mean a steam-cleaning vac that I can rent from H.E.B? Oh thank goodness I am not the only one that has had to deal with glue and their carpet! :p LOL Thanks Chris!!!

Eva

------------------
**VERY PROUD MAMA OF**
Roxy Ember Gitzes - Adopted at 7/99, 1 1/2 years old, female, fawn, natural ears

Kaiser Joe Gitzes - rescued from a shelter 7/00, 6 years old, male, fawn, cropped ears

[This message has been edited by Eva (edited 08-15-2000).]

Linda

Boxer Insane
Elmers glue is water soluable, so you should be able to loosen it with water and get it out.
A shop vac is a vacuum you can suck up water with.
Good luck. :p

C

ChrisM

I got my shop-vac at K-Mart I think for about $30 it is a smaller, house version of the huge things guys use in the garage!

------------------

Mom to:
LADY - White female, natural ears. Rainbow Bridge February 2000

TESS - Flashy Fawn female, born Dec, 1999, natural ears

ZELDA - Semi-flashy Female, natural ears, born May 31, 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.