Eating soap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amee

Boxer Booster
My dad called me a few minutes ago and told me that Monty had eaten a bar of soap and is being taken to the vet. When my dad called the vet she told him she had never heard of a dog eating an entire bar of soap before and she wants to have Monty tested for some other things. So my question is has anyone ever heard of a dog eating soap? I understand eating soap probably isn't a good thing but do you think it could kill him? I have had Monty for more than half of my life so I do understand he will have to pass on at some point...I just don't want it to be yet.

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
Eat soap?

Mine does all the time! We have to keep the bathroom door shut or he will hop into the bathtub and eat the soap. The first time he did it we called the emergency vet and after they finished laughing they told us it wouldn't hurt him, although it might give him some diarreah. He never did have any runny stools, and he will still go after the soap if he has access to it. They never said anything about running tests to us, just told us to keep him away from it (duh). I hope your baby is ok, and please keep us posted!

Amee

Boxer Booster
I'm so glad your dog did it...LOL I was really freaked out when my dad called and told me that. I take Monty when my Dad's away in camp working so I guess I'll have to make sure the bathroom door is always closed. My Dad hasn't called me from the vet yet so I still have no idea what's going on.

Amee

Boxer Booster
The vet was doing blood work because there was an appointment made for next week, the vet decided to do it today because he was going to be in there anyway. The vet is doing a thorough exam because they believe he has Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome (Dog
Alzheimer's). On the bright side he is feeling a bit better from eating the soap.

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
I am so glad to hear your baby is feeling better. I hope all the tests come out ok. I had no idea dogs had a version of Alzheimer's. I sure hope that isn't what your baby has. Sending healthy vibes your way!

Amee

Boxer Booster
I am so glad to hear your baby is feeling better. I hope all the tests come out ok. I had no idea dogs had a version of Alzheimer's. I sure hope that isn't what your baby has. Sending healthy vibes your way!

Thanks very much. Honestly I knew something was up with him but I didn't know dogs could get Alzheimer's either.

Sablegirl

Super Boxer
Guess we are really lucky. Our girl, Sable, doesn't bother anything. She only eats what is put in her bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.