Earthborn Holistic problem AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrystel

Boxer Insane
Day 3... I think it's going ok.. Snatch's poop is "weird".. but I want to give it a try.... Maybe it will regulate if I stick to it longer....

Both poop WAYYYYYY less.. which is kind of a miracle.. Because even with other high rated food, they would poop 4 to 5 times a day.... Not that it matters.. but I thought I would mention it.
So with this Merrick formula, both poop maybe 3 times a day max....

chrystel

Boxer Insane
I think it's a no go. Snatch is itchy every morning....
plus his poop is still weird..

Oxford's poop is less hard than before...

*sigh*

Cyrus2005

Boxer Insane
I have been feeding Earthborn- the Great Plains Feast for a while now. I haven't had any problems with the food in general...(Cyrus is doing well on this) but the last bag I purchased the food was lighter in color and a good portion of the kibbles are broken, and the pieces seemed dry. Every scoop from this bag looks like a scoop from the end/bottom of the bag. Now that I am getting to the bottom, it has just become scoops of crumbs! I'm not sure what to think. But I do know it's frustrating to find a consistantly high quality food for my doggy!

whiskers

Boxer Insane
I think it's a no go. Snatch is itchy every morning....
plus his poop is still weird..

Oxford's poop is less hard than before...

*sigh*

Oh bummer :( Is Snatch normally an itchy dog? Is there something in this food that they haven't had before? I just quickly scanned the ingredients and it looks pretty basic, so unless they have an intolerance to pork or potatoes I wonder what the issue is?

chrystel

Boxer Insane
I had never tried pork... maybe that's what it is?

Snatch he usually the best on Lamb, or raw chicken. Maybe I should try the duck formula....

brodieboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
Dempsey came to me from the rescue on a kibble with pork and beef in it (Victor's All Life Stages), and his poo never firmed up completely. I still say, go back to TOTW if it works for your dog.

chrystel

Boxer Insane
Well.. Merrick didn't do it for us.
Snatch's poo was not ok at all and he is still itchy in the morning.

I went back to Earthborn Holistic.... I got the Great Plain Feast (Bison).... I have a feeling I don't want to go back to Diamond's food... And Earthborn is the best quality/price food out there.

I also feed 3 to 4 RAW meals a week..

Let see....

Thanks everyone! :)

RockyCody

Completely Boxer Crazy
I went back to TOTW with Rocky about a month ago. He is doing the best on that..better than anything else I had him on :/

Dharma my senior eats American natural premium sensitive care - it's a low fat food for her pancreatitis. They have other types too - and are made in WI by the same people as FROMM.

Fromm has good products too that are pretty affordable (but not all grain free).

elgerdes

Completely Boxer Crazy
We also have Zoe back on TOTW... we tried Fromm for a while but she was eating SO much of it! Almost twice as much, not sure if she liked it that much more, or if she just never filled up?

Zoe was on the Wild Boar formula for a bit, but she showed signs of an allergy to something in it. Extra itchy, red skin, spots in her ears. So she is back on the Lamb right now, and we will switch to High Prairie soon.

GL!

Status
Not open for further replies.