1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ears?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by AliandCane, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliandCane

AliandCane Boxer Pal

I have a 12 week old boxer, he has natural ears (planning to keep it that way). The Cartlige in one ear is growing funny. My vet said to get a splint that won't cut the circulation off, but gave us no reccomendations.

Does anyone have any ideas or know of any thing that has worked for their pups?

Thanks
    Kris

[www.geocities.com/kristineden16/Ali_and_Cane.html]

:confused:

2. Julie445

Julie445 Super Boxer

Cane and Ali are so beautiful!!! I just had to check out your babies pics :)
    I really don't know anything about the splint that the vet mentioned, sorry. Doesn't seem that the Vet was very helpful to you at all. I think I would call him or her back and say what exactly are you talking about??
    Everyone is so great here on Boxerworld, I'm sure you will get a helpful answer from someone soon.

3. Matt S

Matt S Boxer Insane

I think the problem with Cane's ears is due to him teething & therefore not that much of a problem.
    Sometimes when a puppy starts to teeth their ears may appear to develop a mind of their own & basically do their own thing.
    This "flying" of the ears can look a little funny because one ear can be sitting normal & the other can be flying out all by itself. :p
    It is generally just a phase in the life of a puppy but if you are worried about it you can massage the ears to encourage them to get back to normal, plus massaging a boxers ears is fun both for you & your boxer.
    Here's a link on massaging a boxers ears.

http://raevon.com/MASSAGE.html

Of course if Cane is anything like our 2 boxers he will absolutely love getting his ears massaged. :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2002
  4. Roxanna

Roxanna Boxer Insane

5. AliandCane

AliandCane Boxer Pal

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.