Ear infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junobet

Boxer Buddy
Juno is my 1 year old male boxer. Very healthy puppy usually but....

Just noticed yesterday that one of Juno's ears is a much darker pink than the other and it bothers him when I touch it. I cleaned out a bit more wax than usual this afternoon. It was a light tan color. There is no discernable difference in the odor of one ear than the other. I did notice a scratch mark on it a few minutes ago when I checked for smells so it must be bothering him. Any recommendations? Ideas? He's been on the same food for the year that we've had him.

Thanks!

lmorey

Boxer Booster
I would recommend taking him to the vet if it doesn't clear up within the week. I'm going through some ear troubles with both of mine right now (lots of black wax but no ear mites, possible fungal infection on outside of ears), and the vet told me to mix 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water, soak a cotton ball, and clean the inside of their ears twice a week. We're also using Entederm for the fungal infection on the outside of the ears. My male has an allergy to grass that we just learned of a few weeks ago, and the vet thinks that's what started the fungal infection, then he spread it to my female. It's a never ending story at my house! Hope your boy gets feeling better soon :)

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
You need to take him to the vet! Ear infections can be very painful.

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I would take him to the vet. Ear infections can be caused by bacteria or fungus. If you treat for one and it is the other you'll just make the problem worse. Best to know what you are dealing with and so you can treat accordingly. Healing ((vibes)) coming Juno's way!

junobet

Boxer Buddy
Thanks for the tips! I took Juno in this afternoon since his ear was obviously causing him discomfort. The result was a yeast infection. They gave me some cream to apply and hopefully no more bread loaves will pop out of his ear. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.