Dr. thinks it might be cancer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmons

Boxer Insane
Bosco and I went to the vet today to have his lump examined. The Dr. says that the test results are inconclusive and she is not completely sure that it is cancer. Should I take him to another vet to get re-examined? Or should I just have Bosco go into surgery to have his lump removed?

The lump is the size of a gulf ball and very hard. It connects to another lump, but not as round or hard feeling?

By the way, Bosco will be 2 years old in May.

Thanks for any input.

Rocky's-Mom

Super Boxer
My Rocky had a lump and the vet removed it and sent it off for biopsy...which was negotive. If they didn't suggest anything more I would go to another vet. Boxers have to many cancer problems to ignore. Better safe than sorry...healing vibes go out to Bosco...keep us updated!

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
Sending lots of healing vibes for Bosco. I agree, better safe than sorry - better to do what you need to do to know exactly what those lumps are. A second opinion wouldn't hurt if your current vet isn't sure.

Louise501

Boxer Insane
I would definately get a 2nd opinion, it must be horrible to not know, I feel for you, let us know when you get some definate results, good luck.

peytonmonte

Boxer Pal
sending heartful wishes for positive results. i agree with everyone else...better to be safe than sorry.
my first boxer ,Brody, was diagnosed with a torn ACL ligament in his knee. I took him to another vet and it turned out to be a malignant tumor that was far too gone to treat. Hopefully your results will go in a better direction..but this is just one of the reasons to get a second opinion.
Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. I know how much we love our boxers!

Austin's Mom

Boxer Insane
Having dealt with cancer twice with Austin I also agree with a second opinion if you're not sure what to do. Good luck, I hope it's nothing.

ELubas

Boxer Insane
Just wanted to say I will think good thoughts for you and we are sending boxer wiggles your way. Good luck with your baby

Burton'sMa

Boxer Booster
Best wishes go your way......please keep us posted and let us know what another vet says.....your baby seems very young for cancer....at least my vet tells me that cancer in a young boxer is rare?....so, I would definitely get a second opinion......if you can, you might also want to contact the breeder and find out if this could be something genetically related.....just a thought....again, paws crossed and prayers are with you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.