Down Side to Owning Boxers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Boxer

Boxer Insane
I can't think of a downside, except when they leave too soon. My boy is sleeping next to me, head on my leg, bad cuz in his mouth, softly snoring, silently passing gas, and every once in a while moaning and kicking while dreaming away next to me. I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon-on BW with a Boxer boy on my knee!

Shoefean

Boxer Pal
I can't think of a downside, except when they leave too soon. My boy is sleeping next to me, head on my leg, bad cuz in his mouth, softly snoring, silently passing gas, and every once in a while moaning and kicking while dreaming away next to me. I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon-on BW with a Boxer boy on my knee!

Right on! The way you described that moment, it sounded so relaxing. I seriously can't wait for that moment with my pup. I get to pick him up on monday, so let the fun begin!!!

jbiel

Boxer Booster
Most notable downside:

Not having enough room to get as many as I want. :)

Others that top the list:

Smelly gas
Snoring
Loud Dreaming with kicking (always funny to sit by them and watch)
Did I mention smelly gas?

Sugarcain

Super Boxer
The only downsides I can think of is the many health problems they can have. The thought of the possibility of bloat scares the dickens out of me (everytime he whines for seemingly no reason, my heart stops - and then he runs to the back door cause he just wants to go outside and play again, and then I'm ok, lol), I watch every bump he gets to make sure it goes away, I just worry that he's going to get sick. He's such a great dog I want to make sure I can keep him as long as possible.

jakesmyluv

Boxer Pal
I would have to say the negative stigma that non boxer people/general people have...drives me crazy...I have had a woman stop me on the street while SHE was driving and my dog was peeing and say "that people like me and dogs like that should be shot"....hmmmm...oh well...she's unhappy and unfulfilled in life cause she doesn't have a boxer :)

That's the oly downside for me...well and the legendary boxer gas...but it makes for funny stories...heehee

Maybe she thought your dog was a pit bull! I've seen many people mistake boxers for pits. I've also seen MANY people and shelters label pitts as boxers just to avoid that stereo-type and lower their insurance costs or help get them adopted. And unfortunately, I'm sure everyone here is aware of the bad rap that that breed has gotten over the past few years! It's so sad that there are such ignorant people in the world when it comes to animals! It's not the animals fault!

ForeverMama

Boxer Insane
The biggest downside is Balboa taking up over half the bed every night, leaving my DH & I hanging off each side. He just has to have the middle. Gotta luv um.

baxtercruz

Boxer Booster
My poor muddy/sandy car with slobber all over the windows...
He destroys his "babies" too- systematically eats the ears first, nose and feet, then the stuffing strewn about the house!
The gas, and the bed hogging... Baxter knows to sleep on my side because my boyfriend will kick him off! But I end up in a ball in the corner of the bed while they're sprawled out.
Oh well, wouldn't trade it for the world.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
...and the bed hogging... Baxter knows to sleep on my side because my boyfriend will kick him off! But I end up in a ball in the corner of the bed while they're sprawled out.
Oh well, wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thats funny!!! I laugh cause having my 3 in bed with me leaves no room for a man to move in! It's my excuse and I'm stickin to it!

boilerupking

Boxer Booster
we have an oversized arm chair with an ottoman that is my official "reading chair."
buster has decided that it is his chair, and he simply shares it reluctantly with me. i read for a few hours every night before bedtime, and as soon as i am all settled in with a book, blanket and some tea, buster comes up to join me. he monkeys around for a few minutes trying to get comfortable and in the process, scoots me over and gets tangled up in the blanket. when he finally does lie down, he is sprawled out across me and i have to contort myself to fit around him. usually he plops his big head right on top of the open book, but sometimes he will bring something up with him to chew on, and that also ends up on top of me or whatever i am reading.
i love how cuddly he is, but sometimes would like to relax without having to hold a book up in the air with one hand and pet him with the other.
so i guess the "no regard for personal space" would be my only pet peeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.