Dora Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
Well the one major thing I had forgotten was how the ‘youngsters’ like to steal things. Dora’s list so far is bra, knickers, stainless steel spoon (yes really!), shoes (in particular one boot), towels, my handbag, remote controls, a beautiful coffee table type book given to me for Christmas, but I at least managed to save my laptop from being dragged off the table. These items all end up on the lawn, but fortunately it is summer here and usually the items are not toooooo badly damaged (although the book was).

She has quit stealing the bathmat whilst I am in the shower and now she will often lie on the bathmat when I am in the shower – making it somewhat difficult to get out of the shower!

Had a few hiccups with me going back to work – barking. I asked the neighbours to let me know and it wasn’t a good story. But thank goodness for kongs (with peanut butter filling) as this seems to take her mind off me leaving in the morning. Also had a few hiccups with her jumping the fence and my heart sank when I realised that I had another jumper on my hands (Diva was a Houdini jumper escape artist from hell). She now has an enclosed space where she cannot get out of and she doesn’t attempt the fence when I am home. All the same you have to keep an eye on her :rolleyes:

Her first time at the beach she would not go in the water and ran from the incoming waves and obviously had never been to the beach before, but yesterday I took her to the beach with two doggie friends (Flynn the 3 year old boxer and Honey the 5 year old golden lab) and she chased both of them into the water no problems. She pogo sticked through the water - very funny :LOL: Dora had a great time, as did the humans. She is gob smackingly fast when running - chasing seagulls proved that, but she did eventually turn around and come back wackicon

Next step is training classes - which start this week. I have to admit I have never had success with classes before with either Diva or Monty (with Monty we were kicked out dohicon), but am willing to give it another go. I really really need some help with her recall and I would like to eventually see how she does with agility – as she is so quick and agile and I have always been interested in doing some agility with a boxer. Will just have to see how this training goes first.

The overwhelming comment I get from people is how cute she is and she is. She is not a big girl (only 23 kilos) and she prances around like a princess (possibly the show dog background?). One of her nicknames is ‘prancy princess’. She is a sweetie and doesn't seem to have a bd bone in her body lovicon

Well I think I have bored everyone enough by now! Needless to say she is keeping me on my toes. Pics will come (I have to admit to being a little technological challenged in this area!)

hurleygirl

Boxer Booster
If u do agility u will love it. My LuLu isn't really good with other dogs, but she really shined in her agility class. Just had to keep her away from the other dogs. Hope u do it!

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I am so glad to read your update! It brought a smile to my face. It sounds like Dora is getting along well. I am jealous reading about being on the beach. I grew up in Florida and have been a bit homesick lately. Of course the cold temps in landlocked Kansas isn't helping. :LOL: As for the stealing, Arabella was a champ! She hid everything under my bed though. Her favorite thing to steal was paperback books which she would shred. Thankfully she took the ones I had finished. ;) Can't wait to see some pictures!

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
I am so glad to read your update! It brought a smile to my face. It sounds like Dora is getting along well. I am jealous reading about being on the beach. I grew up in Florida and have been a bit homesick lately. Of course the cold temps in landlocked Kansas isn't helping. :LOL: As for the stealing, Arabella was a champ! She hid everything under my bed though. Her favorite thing to steal was paperback books which she would shred. Thankfully she took the ones I had finished. ;) Can't wait to see some pictures!

I have to admit that where I live I am a bit spoilt - access to the beach is only 10 minutes drive away, about the same to several different rivers, there are bush walks (although dogs must be on lead to protect the native wildlife) and the dog park is only 1.5 km down the road. Flynn and Honey's owners and myself were just commenting at the beach how lucky we are to live in a place like this (it helped that it was a beautiful, sunny hot day - one of those days when all is okay with the world :D), and where the local council isn't like some in the country where dogs are prohibited from the beach. And the capital city is only 1.5 hours away by car - if you really want a city fix :D (which occasionally I do). Downside is that I have a commute of 1.5 hours total a day to my job to earn half decent money - that's the trade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.