Dora the explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
Well I brought Dora home on Sunday and she has just been a dream. I can't believe how responsive she is to me and I have never come across such a laid back boxer! Having said that she will rark up when she wants - like tonight at the dog park she was so fast that Flynn (2 and a half year old boxer) couldn't keep up with her. Her recall is great with no distractions and let's just say we're working on the recall with distractions :LOL: She loves people and she just wants to be with me. Today she came to the pet store and got loved on by a couple of kids who adored her and then I popped into the hairdressers and everyone just loved her. She takes everything, with the exception of the vacuum cleaner (that sent her barrelling outside :LOL:) in her stride.

I have left her alone for a couple of hours at a time to get her used to it and asked the neighbour to listen out for her and he said she did a couple of barks and then settled cool2icon

Her one quirky habit is that she steals the bath mat when I am having a shower and drags it out of the bathroom, but I can cope with that. Only one dead toy so far - the rubber chicken!

For a dog who has never lived inside before she has adapted so well and is getting the hang of wooden floors :)

I keep waiting and wondering if it is all going to go pear-shaped, but so far so good. I was so worried about taking on a young boxer, but with her it has been such a pleasure. I can't belive how fortunate I am. Haven't even taken any photos yet, but I will :D

Status
Not open for further replies.