doing great

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurble33

Completely Boxer Crazy
my husband and i adopted a girl boxer, i say adopted but really we just kind of took her in. this is her story that we know.... she was bred, then had owner number 1, 2, 3 ( here or with owner 2 or 1) we believe she was abused. we think it was with owner 3 though b/c when we got her she was badly bruised. then she got her 4th owner (a friend of one of our friends) he had 4 other dogs all gils and tes did not do well there. he could not get near her and she didn't eat. so our friends decided to take her and give her a try (they kept her for a week and then decided to give her back to their friend. well he was going to turn her loose into the woods and let her take care of herself. i couldn't stand the thought of that and we took her in on march 24, 2003. we already had a girl boxer pup but i just couldn't let her run wild. the 2 girls hit it off great from day one. but she was scared to death of my husband and i. it has been a little over 7 months and tes is doing great!!! she loves buttercup, my husband , and i very much - she is learning commands and last night for halloween - for the first time ever she did not run and hide behind our bed when we opened the door for the trick or treaters :) :D i just wanted to share our triunph, hopefully the first of many :) :D

basak

Boxer Insane
Bless you for taking her in and giving her another chance!! She sure deserves it:)

basak

KJZMOM

Boxer Booster
What a happy ending!! I couldn't imagine turning her loose to roam the woods on her own!! Sounds like you've all been blessed.

Tango's Mama

Super Boxer
That was a touching story. So glad you were able to take her in!. When Tango was about 6 months old we were travling to my grandparents home for a visit. The road we were on was over a steep mountain with no houses. Most of it was parkland. We stopped at a sceanic overlook to let him out to do his business when i saw a beautiful male (very skinny) boxer running loose. he had no coller on and was trying to eat from the trashcan. He was so afraid of us, but wanted to come closer when he saw Tango. I had a feeling about him so i let Tango down and waited. The boxer came over and got close to us. I reached over talking quietly the whole while and petted his neck. He calmed down and stayed close. I was able to slip the leash over his neck and coax him into the blazer. We then fed him a ham sandwich which he loved! And onward to home we went. I took him to the vet as soon as we arrived and they were able to give him some med's for mange and told me how to feed him as he was very skinny and hadnt eaten in quite some time. I feel in love with the boy and wanted to keep him. But living alone in a very small home. I truly didnt have room for him and Tango. I was lucky enough to find him a very good home with children! he is well loved and a wonderful dog. A happy ending thank fully!..thx for sharing your story and letting me share mine..appicon

Cindy Creel

Boxer Insane
What a great thing you did. Poor little girl. I looked at your gallery and she seems to be doing very well. I think you made a good decision.

Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.