Dog food high in fiber

Barron's mom

Completely Boxer Crazy
Looking for a recommendation for a dog food that is high in fiber as recommended by Rocco's vet. Rocco occasionally vomits phlegm and lately has been straining after taking a solid BM. The vet suggested I find something comparable to Royal Canin Canine Gastrointestinal Fiber Response, which he sells for $63. for only 16 pounds. I found Blue Buffalo Wilderness Healthy Weight Chicken Recipe Grain-Free and Nutro Wholesome Essentials Healthy Weight Adult Lamb and Rice; both whom have had recalls and are not rated highly. I am looking for any suggestions. Thanks so much!

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
You try adding some plain canned pumpkin to his food. Start with a tablespoon and added more until you have the result that you want. Too much will cause diarrhea, so just gradually increase the amount.
Good luck!

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
When I needed to add fiber to Thor's diet I got psyllium from The Vitamin Shoppe and sprinkled it on his food. Because he had chronic pancreatitis and I couldn't find a high fiber low fat food. It worked well for him. It sells for about $10 for a 12 oz jar. And you only need a small amount each meal, so the jar lasts for well over a month.