1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog Beds

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by TinksDream, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyTysmom

TyTysmom Super Boxer

Regarding the pet bed; Tyson has an orthopedic bed we bought at Petco. We orginially bought it for our dog that has since passed, he had bad arthritis. This bed has a removable cover and a thick foam mattress with the fingers on it. We've had it for a little over 4 years now and it doesn't stink and still looks nice even after the cover has been washed several times. It was however kind of pricy; around $120.00. But at this point well worth it!

2. VeeArSix

VeeArSix Boxer Pal

I use a crib mattress with an old blanket over it. It actually works really well and was less expensive than other pet beds I was considering.

3. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

they have a target dog bed (more like a mat, spill-proof kind of thing) with a twin size comforter folded in 4 over it. I put their comforters in the machine every saturday :)

I find the comforters at places like TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshal for cheap (about $14)

I find this to be the easiest.

Of course, I would love for them to have a real dog bed, something that looks better. But between the smell, the biscuits crumbs, the drool, rawhides... they always end up smelling so bad that I need to buy new ones all the time.. I think it would be a waste of money...

4. Tessa

Tessa Boxer Booster

We have quite a few of the Kirkland dog beds from Costco. The oldest is 3 years old and still looks the same as when we bought it. We have a round one and a few rectangle ones. They are nice and big and both Tessa and Tucker can fit on one. Even though we have a bunch, they prefer to share!

5. RigleymyLove

RigleymyLove Boxer Pal

i get all my dog beds at Costco also i love them they are nice quality with zippers on the cover so you can wash them they are nice and big for less than 20.00 can't go wrong with that.

6. johann

johann Boxer Insane

have a Molly Mutt doggie duvet cover bed. We then stuffed it with the inside parts of his old destroyed bed, old pillows, towels, etc. Holds up very well to Johanns thrashing and digging, plus it's super easy to take the cover (canvas) off to wash.

7. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Iv just ordered a new bed for Roge on zooplus, its a faux leather orthopedic bed it got grest reviews does not hold oders and it wipes clean it cost 44.90. iv bought 2 cheaper beds in the last year and they have gone flat and worn from washing so I decided to spend a little more and see if it pays off in the long run.

8. starzNJ

starzNJ Boxer Booster

I didn't read any of the replies; but if you have a Costco near you I love them the best.

Not only are they big, but they're also durable. Starz spends about 5 minutes per night aggressively digging on her bed...the same way she digs outside and has holes that are a foot deep in a matter of seconds! Not to mention the beds cost somewhere around $18 at my local Costco.

The covers are removable and they're filled with cedar; so anytime starz gets up she smells like a hampster...instead of stinky dog lol.

9. TinksDream

TinksDream Boxer Booster

Thanks for all the replies! I decided to buy a couple at Costco when I was there b/c they had the square ones which I haven't seen there before. I need to wash the dogs before I put them down for them to sleep on. I'm gonna try just one bed and see if they will share but I don't think they will. I bought them in dark brown that match my leather couch but they are a little bigger than I would like b/c now they come really close to the dinner table but for the price it's worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.