1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anyone let their children do obedience with your boxer in a 4-h club?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by okie girl, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okie girl

okie girl Super Boxer

I was wanting my daughter to join the local 4-H club. She is 10 yrs old. They have dog obedience classes and shows. I was wondering if anyone has any info on how it is. My daughter would also like to do the 4-H horse shows. She already rides in the appaloosa (ApHC) horse shows. She won the Reserve Highpoint for the Oklahoma club but she has never did anything with the dogs. Any info or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. SILLY6PAK

SILLY6PAK Boxer Insane

My steopsons do the 4-h dog shows. They are 11 and have done it for the last 3 years. I do not let the kids do the horse 4-h. I do not think it is run very well. (our area anyway). The dogs are run more professionally than the horses. We have all really enjoyed the kids with the dogs. I haven't asked the boys but I am sure they will do it again this year.

3. okie girl

okie girl Super Boxer

I am excited about it. I just hope I like the way they run it. I hope I agree with the way the do things with my boxer babies or my daughter might not get to do it long.lol Thanks so much

4. Indy B's Mom

Indy B's Mom Boxer Insane

I had to re home my friends boxers, when she passed away unexpectedly and her hubby drives truck so he was unable to care for them. The wonderful family that took them already had 1 boxer. Their 14 year old daughter shows her in the 4-H and they said it is a great program that their daughter and boxer both love. Their DD suffers from juvenile arthritis and is unable to do other more physical sports, so this gives her a great outlet. They live in NY, so I don't know how it would be in OK, but I do know they are pleased with it there. Good luck, it sounds like a fun time for the whole family!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.