1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like Boston Terriers?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Roxanna, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetGirlie1400

SweetGirlie1400 Super Boxer

sawcut I'm so sorry about your baby :( .. i hope your BT will feel better soon so he can run and play.. there's a person on a different message board who's dog has this prob and he still has to take it easy with him like length of walks had to be decreased but he's still a loving happy boston who's spoilt rotten.. i'm not sure how long it took him to recover because I hadn't read his post when he had it done... but i sure wish your baby a quick recovery.

2. KelAndRoxy

KelAndRoxy Boxer Booster

Well, I was looking for some info on Bostons and thought I would just add on to this thread instead of starting a new one. I'm semi-seriously thinking about getting a companion for my 8 mos old Boxer, Roxy, and I was thinking a boston would be perfect. If I do this I'm definitely rescuing and not getting a really young puppy! My question is how well do you think a boxer and a boston would do in an apartment? I am going to be moving into a 630 sq ft apartment soon which isn't huge but Roxy and I have been making do in a 450 sq ft for the last six months so it'll be big enough for the two of us. I'm just unsure of adding a boston into the mix. Roxy is a very small boxer-only 35 lbs at 8 mos so I think she would do really well with a smaller dog like a boston. I won't be ready for another dog for a few months but thought I would do my homework now. What do you guys think? Are Bostons normally fairly good apt dogs? I know they'll need lots of exercise but that's no problem because I'm already used to it with Roxy. Any advice from all the boston-lovers?

3. Roxanna

Roxanna Boxer Insane

I saw your gallery. He looks like a little blk/white kitten. Can't wait to see pictures of him when the eyes bug out.

4. frankied

frankied Boxer Insane

5. Mama_Zookeeper

Mama_Zookeeper Boxer Insane

lovicon We love our Boston Terrier!

Our first BT was Bluto, my 21st b-day present from my future husband. He is almost 12 now and still the sweetest guy! He lives with my parents now...left him with them when I moved to England for 4 years and they won't give him back! Mia is the first female BT we have ever had and I adore her (she is my Princess Mia). She rules the house and never runs out of energy. Check out the picture of her sleeping with our boxer Rocky in our gallery. Rocky has passed her up in height and weight now so I will have to post an updated picture of them. It is almost like living with Laurel & Hardy!

Dora & the Zoo Crew!

6. IluvLucy

IluvLucy Boxer Insane

We have an 11 yr. old BT named Chelsea. She's a great dog but a little anti-social towards other dogs because she was spoiled rotten when she was smaller. But I would definitely reccomend them! They are cute and fun to have around :D

7. sawcut64

sawcut64 Boxer Booster

To answer your question boxers and bostons do great togather. I have two boxers and a boston and they are great. Bostons are just big enough to handle the boxers and the boxers usually learn how to be a little gentle with the bostons. Mine are great and love to play. Bostons have a lot of energy and mine is still going strong after the others tire out. Of course with four there is always a playmate. I think a boston would be fine in that size apartment they like to run around and play and can do that in the apartment and they also get along with most animals. I know mine is so sweet and loves all animals. They get along great just like boxers. It is great you are thinking about one they are so awesome and sweet just like boxers. Laura:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.