1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like Boston Terriers?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Roxanna, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetGirlie1400

SweetGirlie1400 Super Boxer

:D :D YAY.. i'm gla dthere's quite a few people on BoxerWorld who own Bostons!! Its nice to finnaly see some positive comments about them.. I'm getting mine probably in Feb. depending what litter I get mine from (My first ever dog.. I'M SO EXITED.. mum said boxers are too big lol :rolleyes: ) when people aks what kinda dog i'm getting I either get the "whats that?" question or "Oh god THAT ugly dog" :( .. of course there have been a few people that said they thought bostons are cute... to me they are like lil boxers and if i cant have a boxer.. i'm having a boston and one day i'll add a boxer to the package and have two wonderful pets!

2. sawcut64

sawcut64 Boxer Booster

Bostons are cute. At first people may think they are ugly but once you get to know them they are just so adoreable. I fell in love with my baby right away and after seeing their little personalities I just fell more in love with them. I call him my little bowling ball head cause they have such big heads and are top heavy. We have to carry him by the front or he will just topple over. Well enjoy your baby they are great dogs.

3. sawcut64

sawcut64 Boxer Booster

Bostons are great

I am sorry you don't like boston terriers. They are a great breed and very sweet, They are little lickers and just love to play. Sounds like that one needs help with manners. Mine goes all over and never pees on the floor. He just loves to be loved and plays with any dog he sees. Don't let one dog make you dislike a breed. He probably just needs to be trained and he would be a great dog.
    Laura

4. boxerprincess

boxerprincess Super Boxer

HHAHAHAHAH! We have three in the family (Belle and Baxter - photos in my gallery and Silas - who is deaf) and we call them Boston Terrors cause it suits them - not out of lack of love. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They are three little unique characters and we love them all!

5. sawcut64

sawcut64 Boxer Booster

I am glad you don't dislike all of them. My baby boston is a little terror and loves to play and play and so on. He is still looking to play when all the other dogs are sleeping. He is a little rascal. My boxers love him and he loves them. He doesn't know he is small. He runs with the big dogs and just loves it. :p

6. frankied

frankied Boxer Insane

I have a 2 year old Boston Terrier and he is the greatest litlle dog! His name is Frank (after Frank Sinatra, since he has a bule eye) and he has been a joy! They do require a lot of attention like a boxer. He and Angel my 5 year old boxer get along famously. They can be quite hyperactive but it's that part of his personality that I just love. He's a huge cuddle monster and loves to sleep at the end of the bed under the covers. He is quite a little guard dog and being a terrier...he does bark at the door. Training is important as now he will stop on command...usually. There is that other thing though..small dog...small bladder. he has to be walked frequently and usually before letting guests into the house so as they won't require their clothes laundered...need I say more. But on a whole I love that little guy. His pictures with Angel should be up soon:D

7. frankied

frankied Boxer Insane

That's why I call my Boston Frank the Tank! He thinks he's larger than life!:LOL:

8. SweetGirlie1400

SweetGirlie1400 Super Boxer

I'm just getting my BT end of Feb. beginning of March.. but he's already born and I got to pick him out already (there's a photo of him in my gallery)... I am just so overly exited that I just cant focus on anything els ebut him rite now lol.. thankfully I only have 2 exams and then I'm done school until september.. otherwise.. hhmm I dont know how exactly I'd get ANYTHING done! :D Frank is sure one heck of a CUTIE!!

9. Debc

Debc Boxer Pal

Congratulations on your BT, they are such an addition to a Boxer family! Don't know what we would do without our Jake. The little trouble maker!

Deb

10. sawcut64

sawcut64 Boxer Booster

My sweet bt has a luxating patella and had surgery on one knee already. the other is luxated too but hopefully he won't have problems with it. This is his second surgery on the knee due to a major slip after the first one. Poor little baby is caged watching the other ones play. He just looks at us with those sweet brown eyes. My husband and I pay attention to him and go in the cage with him but that sweet little baby you know he just wants to play. Only 7 weeks to go and he can slowly come off restrictions. If anyone else has had to go through this let me know how it went and what to expect. Watch your babies for this too I found out it is common in this breed but I still would have gotten my baby no matter what. He is too sweet
    Laura

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.