Do you let your boxer sleep in bed with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybaby

Boxer Pal
Oh yes. Lady is very good about sleeping in bed with me. I've never had a problem with her peeing on the bed and every now and then she sleeps in her crate of her own free will. That's my girl.

major

Boxer Booster
Major started sleeping in bed with me and dh about day 3 or 4 - primarily because he cried and cried and cried and I got tired of sleeping on the kitchen floor with him! My dh is on 3rd shift now, and Major is about 75 pounds. He jumps in and only sleeps at my feet, or ON my legs. But this week, my dh is on vacation. Major doesn't like sharing mommy. So he climbs up and sneaks his way up between us. He'll stay there for awhile, but it's too hot for him, and he'll make his way back to the end of the bed.

Keeroff

Completely Boxer Crazy
only for the first days

When I got Keeroff home,I let him sleep in bed with me for the first 2 days.
Puppies are very emotional when they have been just taken away from their mother.
So,the puppy expects from you to make him/her feel comfortable and confident in the new invironment and circumstances.
however,he shouldn't learn to sleep in bed because other issues could come up
when he gets older.
e.g.he'll be much bigger,he'll drool and if you're planning to have children, as you know,you'll have to stay up all night many times and later maybe your child needs to sleep in bed in case of illness,nightmares,etc.
however,it is your life,your decision and you know better. :)
baby Keeroff learnt not to sleep in bed after 3 days that he was waking me up crying early in the morning to put him in bed with me.but now,he has absolutely accepted it.
kisses and good luck! :)

simmons

Boxer Insane
Crash has always slepped in his crate until he was about 7 months old. I felt bad becasue he stayed in his crate while at work so we took his bed and placed it at the end of our bed to sleep. That doesnt last long at all, not less than a few hours he's right on our bed. I dont mind at all, how many other woman can say she has both her men with her!!

He was completely house trained at 3 months old so he has never had an accident on our bed.

Keeroff

Completely Boxer Crazy
Keeroff said:
When I got Keeroff home,I let him sleep in bed with me for the first 2 days.
Puppies are very emotional when they have been just taken away from their mother.
So,the puppy expects from you to make him/her feel comfortable and confident in the new invironment and circumstances.
however,he shouldn't learn to sleep in bed because other issues could come up
when he gets older.
e.g.he'll be much bigger,he'll drool and if you're planning to have children, as you know,you'll have to stay up all night many times and later maybe your child needs to sleep in bed in case of illness,nightmares,etc.
however,it is your life,your decision and you know better. :)
baby Keeroff learnt not to sleep in bed after 3 days that he was waking me up crying early in the morning to put him in bed with me.but now,he has absolutely accepted it.
kisses and good luck! :)

LOL i just read the above reply i had posted that day....
things are different now..
the last 3 or 4 days keeroff comes to my bed early in the morning and sleeps in it with me. :)
i just couldnt resist... :/

MeganMK

Completely Boxer Crazy
I would LOVE for Lucky to sleep in bed with us, but Tom says NO NO NO! He already hates it that Lucky gets on the couch with us, so I don't want to push my luck. He says dogs are too dirty (after seeing him occassionally pee on his own foot, and roll around in the grass and dirt while he plays, I kind of agree) and he doesn't want that in his bed. It's probably for the best, we have enough trouble sharing a queen size bed with just the two of us.

He gets up before I do and takes Lucky potty, then gets in the shower. So, a lot of mornings Lucky will come get in bed with me for a half hour or so, which is nice!

henrysmom

Boxer Booster
I had never allowed any of my dogs before Henry to sleep on my bed. My DH said I was cruel and how could we deny such a cute face and of course I caved in. Anyway Henry now sleeps with us every night, on top of the comforter, and when it gets cooler in the middle of the night he literally digs at my face until I lift the comforter so he can snuggle right under with us.
It's cured DH's snoring as he has no room to sleep on his back. Ha Ha.
Iwouldn't have it any other way now.

Eliot & Co

Boxer Buddy
Eliot slept in our bed from day one (I've done the same thing with Taira and it worked!), so I was sleeping very lightly and he could wake me up when he was getting uneasy and I would take him out couple times every night. He never had an accident on our bed (well, dogs usualy don't go where they sleep? lol). Then about a week later I started putting him into his own bed next to ours, knowing that he's gonna ask to come to us shortly (but he would start his night in his bed)... He continued to sleep in our bed for another couple of weeks, then just stopped coming. Now he starts off in a number of places (sofa in the living room, coutch in my office or goes straight to his bed, and would end up in his bed anyway (he has a doggy flap and I know he goes outside couple of time a night). He's fed at around 7am by my partner, plays a bit and just before 9am comes to wake me up. That's when he gets invited to my bed and we cuddle for a little while...
Well, my methods are working for my dogs although I admit that they're not nesessary the right ones... lol At least neither of them has ever cried for hours! Hope my experience helps a bit...

BijousMom

Boxer Buddy
Bijou has never slept on our bed. She would end up pushing us to the floor. She has this habit of worming her way in all curled up, get warmed up and then unfurling pushing the poor unsuspecting victim to the floor! It is so funny to watch!!! So she has her bed in our room were she sleeps peacefully as we do in our bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.