1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do they know

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by DanCat, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanCat

DanCat Boxer Booster

when your pregnant? My wife is pregnant and she will expose her belly and Sapphire will come and lick her belly button. I think she knows what's in there but was curious what others thought or experienced.

2. 3dognight

3dognight Super Boxer

I am also pregnant and I am not sure if our little Cooper knows what's in there or not, but perhaps he can hear the heartbeat because he does tend to be a little curious about my belly. I do know that he loves to lick any skin he can come in contact with...hubby's head, face, toes etc. and he will keep licking until told "enough"...silly little boy!

3. xenaprincess

xenaprincess Boxer Insane

Yes, I believe they can sense it. When I was pregnant with my daughter, Xena and her sister Sheba both loved to lay their heads on my belly and when the baby kicked or moved, they would tilt their heads and stare at my belly, sometimes they would cry. The day I went into labor...Sheba knew before I did that a baby was arriving that day!! She was on my heels...never leaving me alone. Hubby came home from work that day around 3:30 and I was laying on the bed because the back pains were quite strong. Sheba was resting beside me and hubby told her to leave...he wanted to change. Sheba stared at him and started to growl!! She wasn't going anywhere. Anyway, I had a doctors appt. that day at 4:15...went there...was told I was 4cm dialated and by 8:00pm, we had a 6lb 12oz baby girl!! :D
    You will find Sapphire may become more "protective" of your wife and very clingy! And when the baby does come...lookout!! Ya got yourself a fulltime "nanny"! :p

4. BoxerDaneFam

BoxerDaneFam Boxer Booster

Yes dogs and cats can most definitely sense when a woman is pregnant.

When I was pregnant with my twin boys Riddick was VERY intune with me. Never left my side and after they were born he watched over them. Sadly though he went to the bridge when they were just a month old.

5. Putermom

Putermom Boxer Booster

I truly believe that they can! We had just gotten Bouncer (Chinese Shar Pei now at the Bridge) and 2 weeks later, I was pregnant with my DS (almost 13 years ago). Bouncer was a mean puller, very strong. He was 8 or 9 months old at the time and came to live with DH and I after BIL decided he no longer wanted Bouncer (whole other rant!!). He was also a huge jumper...hence his name, Bouncer. Well, after Bouncer came to live with us permanently, I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks later. After that, Bouncer never pulled and actually would step out in front of me if someone was walking towards me when I walked him. He also stopped jumping on me...he'd actually pop up in front of me, then bounce off towards the side...never actually landing on me. He was also very protective of me during this time.

Now, prior to being pregnant, he would pull like crazy, jump all over, etc...

Then, as soon as DS was born 9 months later, he was back to his old tricks (so long as I wasn't carrying the baby)!!!! He went right back to pulling and jumping all over me. I should also mention that when he stopped doing all that to me while pregnant, he continued his bad habits with everyone else. We were first time dog owners and didn't know any better about how to control the jumping and stuff at first. Later we took BOuncer to training classes and he got better but if he was excited...watch out! :LOL:

6. Elyse

Elyse Banned

As soon as I got pregnant, Nestle began sniffing me all the time. She was on my heels constantly and HAD to know where I was at all times or she would run around looking for me. She would lay on my belly everynight and give kisses. I believe she knew for sure.

7. JacobsMom

JacobsMom Boxer Booster

Jacob knew when both myself & my sister-in-law were pregnant. He was much more careful around us. He was also overly protective of me, to strangers mostly.

8. TysonB

TysonB Boxer Buddy

my wife is 6 months preg. and tyson knows he is gonna be a big brother :)

we point to the belly and say baby and he sits and tilts his head he even talks to us you know the "whie" type muble almost bark but no bark that dogs do :)

its so funny

and he is even more protective then ever if i play wrestle or grab brandy's arm tyson really comes at me like never before

9. Sirus'Mommy

Sirus'Mommy Super Boxer

I've heard that dogs and children can both sence it.

10. exk23

exk23 Super Boxer

Maybe it's me, but I'm due next month and both Ruby and Lily doesn't seem to care. I point to my tummy, tried to have them lay on my stomach when the baby kicks but they don't seem to be paying any attention.

E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.