DNA Test Results

x19er

Boxer Insane
It's been lots of fun guessing what mix of dog makes up our wee Lurcher girlie and after much impatience her DNA results are in. Bearing in mind that some people feel these are not 100% accurate in our case we're pretty impressed as a couple of the breeds are what we had already thought and you give no indication of what type of dog you have when you send back the swabs for analysis. So to be a Lurcher type dog you need to be a sight hound/working dog/terrier mix so for example a Greyhound x Border Collie or Whippet x Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Cora is a Border Collie x Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Ibizan Hound x Bichon Frise (yes they are small white and fluffy)! We'd already thought Border Collie from her behaviour & thick coat and Staffie from her happy vocal noises and colouring. We knew she had hound from her characteristic eyeing up of all small furies, trying to jump much higher than her abilities & she's very fast. Bichon Frise was a bit left field but she does have a tail that goes up and curls over her back like they do. So all in all we're pretty happy with the results - what a laugh we've had.

RockTheBoxer

Super Boxer
Well isn't she just a cutie pie! I love that you can do a DNA test on dogs to find the breed. How neat to find out about Cora!

BoxerMoments

Super Boxer
What kind of test did you use? Blood or just a mouth swab? We just adopted a dog and Im curious to know exactly what he is. I looked online at the mouth swab ones and the reviews were mixed.

x19er

Boxer Insane
What kind of test did you use? Blood or just a mouth swab? We just adopted a dog and Im curious to know exactly what he is. I looked online at the mouth swab ones and the reviews were mixed.
The test was with the mouth swab, we had our boxer girl tested about 5 years ago and we've been happy with the results both times. I've read some of the reviews too, I can't help thinking that often people are unhappy with the results because they don't show what they wanted or expected to see. The test we used didn't cost a lot of money so we were happy to do it as a bit of fun and it did come up with 2 breeds we already suspected so no reason to think the other 2 aren't correct either. I saw the photos of your new boy on another post, he's gorgeous :)

BoxerMoments

Super Boxer
Thank you! The one I was looking at wasn't expensive either so figured what could it hurt and has mostly good reviews, but then there were the crazy ones too. I guess that's expected with anything though! I think I'll probably give it a shot, I'm curious to know what he is a mix of.