1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discoloration on Fawn Boxer mask

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Fawnboxman, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fawnboxman

Fawnboxman Boxer Pal

My boxer has like a pink M&m size infection under her mask. It's a little around the mouth flaps too. The hair is starting to grow back slowly. This wasn't their when I bought the dog and appeared 4 months after. Anybody have an experience like this with your boxers?

2. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

It could be acne. Lots of boxers get it as puppies, or it could be caused by certain foods, material her bowl is made of, a toy, etc.

How old is your boxer? Does she eat or drink out of a plastic bowl?

3. Fawnboxman

Fawnboxman Boxer Pal

She is 14 months old. It is not acne I'm sure. She eats and drink out of a metal dishl. This happened over the summer when we kept her food outside. It is like like a pink infection. Vet diagnosed as otitis externa from yeast? Small number of epithelial cells vacuolated cells. It could be her licking urine possibly or something outside.

4. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

Otitis Externa is an ear infection... does she have that as well?

Did the vet give you any medication to treat it?

If this appeared when her food was outside, it could be an infection secondary to allergies. As far as what she's allergic to the possibilities are endless. My white boxer has allergies and I've had to get really creative to figure out what causes her reactions. It's mainly a lot of elimination.

If the vet prescribed treatment for the bumps and it didn't work, you might want to get a second opinion.

5. BoozerBaby

BoozerBaby Super Boxer

my boy had one we put triple polysporin it healed in no time and the hair grew back

6. Fawnboxman

Fawnboxman Boxer Pal

Hello, the vet prescribed her 42 cephalexin 500 mg tablets. Sorry for the late reply I was out of town. The vet wrote the left upper lip has an area a little smaller than a quarter which is pink and the whiskers are broken. The treatment was done 5 months ago but will little results. Still visible pink on mask size of quarter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.