Difference in German Boxers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsjenni

Super Boxer
I was just wondering... I saw the cutest little part German Boxer puppy (he was full boxer, just part German boxer) He was TINY, 10 wks old but looked like he could have 6 weeks. The owner said that he got him from a champion bloodline in NJ. I was just wondering what the size difference was in the German Boxers and if there was much of a difference... thanks!

a lot of BYB's like to throw around "German Lines" or "Champion Lines" This could be the reason why this pup looked smaller. (it was poorly bred) German Boxers should not be that different from NA boxers. Perhaps a little bit stockier, as NA boxers seem a little bit Longer and Leaner. However, a well-bred dog in any country, since breed standards are very similar, should look good in all countries.

-Kat

Alisha Mobley

Boxer Insane
Kat is right... A Boxer who closely fits the standard will look much the same as any other Boxer who closely fits the standard, no matter where the dogs are located.

Germany

Boxer Pal
Euopean Boxers do look very different!

Here in Germany, there are very stick laws about what you can do to your dog even if it is a pure breed. For instance, you may not crop the tail, ears or even remove the duclaw (hope I spelled that right). I saw the cutest male boxer, but his jaw looked funny - he had an overbite! He was just beautiful and was born in Poland; he had an "official champion certificate" and the owner paid a pretty penny for him, but I just couldn't get over the overbite. Also, if your dog has puppies here, your litter will all have to begin with same letter. For instance, your previous litter was b's, this litter will have names beginning with "c's". AKC registered dogs giving birth overseas may not have their puppies registered as AKC even if both mother and father are. So hence the title American Kennel Club. Both parent dogs will have to be registered under an international canine/kennel association. I really wanted Alexandria to find a handsome mate and have puppies, but I think I will wait till we return to the US.

gmacleod

Elusive Moderator
Staff member
Germany said:
I really wanted Alexandria to find a handsome mate and have puppies, but I think I will wait till we return to the US.

Better to get her spayed, don't you think? No offence meant, but if she isn't up to the standard that she would be allowed to be bred in Germany, then it is better for the breed that she isn't bred in any country. Just because there aren't laws to prevent you from doing it doesn't make it a good idea ;)

Besides all that, it is substantially better for her long term health to be spayed as early as possible. Having heat cycles alone increases her chances of developing breast cancer exponentially. Before the first heat, she has a 0.05% risk, after the first heat the risk is 8%, after the second it is 26%... and just keeps rising.

Germany

Boxer Pal
Interesting Advise!

Thank you for your advise. I will check with our military vet here in Stuttgart and find out more information. I know from other pet owners that on the economy, neutering or spading is not a surgery that the German government/pet activist favors upon. It is a strange land here with many a strange rule. But your information about breast cancer does concern me. dmg

sabcreek

Banned
huh

gmacleod said:
Better to get her spayed, don't you think? No offence meant, but if she isn't up to the standard that she would be allowed to be bred in Germany, then it is better for the breed that she isn't bred in any country. Just because there aren't laws to prevent you from doing it doesn't make it a good idea ;)
I didn't see anything saying she didn't think her's fit the standard, just that the way they register is way different... maybe i read it wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.