Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

nalabear

Super Boxer
We recently found fleas on our pets and because of Nala's allergies didn't want to go the pesticide route. so we did a search online and found this stuff called Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade.

It ticked me off that we have something organic that wont hurt our pets and not many people know about it and fleas won't get immune from it.

Has anyone else heard of, or used this stuff? If you are using it or have used it I would love to hear your story.

Caney Creek

Boxer Insane
Yep, we use it and I do know that several other members here use it or have tried it in the past. It works pretty well for us, but our flea problem is not all that terrible... just a few here and there, most of which is kept in check by flea-combing the dogs regularly and spraying a tea-tree oil based spray on their coats before going outside. But we do use the DE around the house (which I LOVE that I can put it just about anywhere and not worry about the dogs getting into it), and I've put it on the dogs' coats a couple of times. And I do put it on their food daily for prevention of internal parasites.

We ordered it online from that website (I think it's foodgradediatomaceousearth.com ?) at least a year ago and still have a ton of the stuff left. It lasts a long time since a little goes a long way.

Last edited:

nalabear

Super Boxer
Zoe have you noticed any differences in your dogs since you have been feeding the DE to them?

The reason I ask is we started to give it to Nala and the chronic rash on her belly is almost completely gone. just in a few days. she has had this rash from the time we brought her home and though it has come and gone her belly has always been a little red and its not anymore. her eyes have also cleared up. and her energy level....oh my. she was crazy before but now....wow :LOL: My husband said she is reminding him of when she was a pup, she is back to the old mischief :D

Caney Creek

Boxer Insane
Yes, I think I have seen a difference in them since supplementing with DE. It wasn't obvious to me at first, but BF mentioned it in the weeks after we started it, that he noticed both dogs more active like they were feeling better in general. So that works for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.