Deep grief for two sweet boxers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joan I.

Boxer Buddy
Thank you Cindy for your words, and I too feel for your loss. We lost our family boxer to bloat when I was sixteen. We had her since I was 2. It was very fast and shocking, even tho she was very old. I so missed her when I came home from school and the house was so quiet. I agree with your words about our wonderful friends that happen to be dogs. Thank you so much for your kindness, it has actually helped me a lot to hear the words of the people who have gone through what I am going through. I'm not crazy! You must have another dog now. How long was it after your loss you got another? Same question for all those who read this that care to answer. Did it feel hard or in some way or weird to get another boxer after losing one so close to you? Did you go for a puppy or a rescue dog?

Take care and thanks to all.
Joni

frankied

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry Joan to hear about your loss. My friend lost her furbaby and decided to get a puppy furbaby 2 weeks later. It's not and never will be a replacement but it helped her heal and gave her something to look forward to. It is a personal decision and a hard one. Good luck Joan on what ever you decide and godspeed Buster.

Christa & Angelangelicon

Billysmum

Boxer Insane
Joni

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have not experienced this yet, but I have two beautiful loving dogs and I know I will feel great grief when thier time comes.

I hope that time will heal for you and perhaps another puppy may help you through it. Everyone is different. My sister lost her dog recently and hasn't been able to get a puppy yet, and yet another friend lost a dog she had had for 18 years, and got a puppy 5 days after he died! So everyone has a different way of coping.

Status
Not open for further replies.