Deeg, my smart rescue dog is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie P.

Completely Boxer Crazy
I haven't posted on Boxer World for a very long time. Boxer World helped me get through the loss my female boxer, Magic. However, now I am back to honor Deeg, my rescue boxer, who as of this morning is no longer with me. He suffered for a very long time with a spinal injury he received during a knee repair surgery. The spinal epidural damaged his nerves, and he never recovered. After months of watching him deteriorate, I couldn't stand to see him struggle any longer. When I first rescued Deeg, it took forever to win his heart but when I finally did he was so loving. I will never forget the joy I felt when he decided I was his forever person. He looked deep into my eyes and from that day, I knew things would be okay between us. You would have been amazed by how smart Deeg was; he was a master at figuring things out. For years, I've told people he could be a survivalist and that if something happened to me, and I couldn't get home; he would manage to run the entire household without me. It's so unfair that each of my boxers deaths were caused by a procedure at their veterinary clinic. I think of what could have been and get so angry when I do. I think about luck and how I don't seem to have it when making medical decisions for my boxer friends. This morning I held Deeg so tight, and with tears and anguish, I begged and pleaded to be more than just an ordinary person. I cried for a miracle, for another chance and to go back in time so that I could make different choices but nothing happened and so I had to say my final goodbye. I love you Deeg, you were so amazing....I will never forget you my rescue boy.

Cami

Boxer Insane
So very sorry for your loss. No matter how long they are in our lives it is never enough. I wish you peace.

Boxerworld

BW owner
Staff member
I am so sorry for your loss. You did the best for your boxers like all of us. The rest (veterinary clinic) is out of our control unfortunately.
My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Olly

Mega's Mom

Boxer Insane
So sorry for your loss. And I'm doubly sorry that you had bad vet experiences - you were just trying to do right by your boxers. They knew that. Run free at the bridge, Deeg.

GDOGS1

Boxer Insane
I am so sorry for your loss of Deeg,will keep you in our thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time.run forever free Deeg and Godspeed.

Julie P.

Completely Boxer Crazy
returning dog food

It's wonderful to share Deegs life with others who know how it feels. Thank you. One of the hardest tasks I had to do today was to return his unopened dog food. It's so quiet without him.

Last edited:

Independence

Boxer Insane
Bless you for being Deeg's person! He knew love and happiness with you. May you find comfort in the good memories.

gqneon

Boxer Buddy
I'm very sorry for the loss of your Boxer Deeg - he is pain free at the bridge now and will rejoin you one day. Until then, know there's others here who truly understand and we're here for you!

DebbieJen

Completely Boxer Crazy
I am so very sorry for your loss. I can feel your pain because we had to put to sleep our baby last year.

Run forever free at the bridge Deeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.