1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daughter's Doesn't Sleep!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xenaprincess, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gidget1

gidget1 Completely Boxer Crazy

Woo Hoo...glad to hear you all had a good night!! Until she has a few good nights in a row you will still sleep with one eye open though. LOL
    Marcia

2. ljnash

ljnash Boxer Insane

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad all of you got a good nights' sleep!

I remember being afraid lobsters were under my bed when I was little. I don't know why I thought of lobsters, I lived in western NC pretty far away from lobsters! I just knew that they would pinch my toes when I got out of bed! I guess I outgrew the fear eventually. Your daughter may too, as she gets more sleep, maybe she won't have those scary thoughts at night!

Lenore

3. Austin's Mom

Austin's Mom Boxer Insane

That's great news Sharon! Hopefully you all will start sleeping and feeling much better.

Chris

4. dukie's mom

dukie's mom Banned

fiestaicon

Woo Hoo!! Glad to hear you had such great results. I'll bet those silly doggies wondered why they didn't get any peanut butter parties in the middle of the night tho!

5. kelseighgirl

kelseighgirl Completely Boxer Crazy

Congrats Sharon, DH and Jessica!!!!

Thats great news, well atleast for three of you Im sure Spirit and Xena miss the midnight slumber parties!!!!

Here to sleep again....appicon sleepicon sleepicon

Robin, Kelseigh and Justice

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

Great news!

7. marciafinn

marciafinn Boxer Insane

Wonderful News!

That is great to hear! I am sure things will start working out and everyone will start getting some sleep - all night long!

partyicon partyicon
    Although, as mentioned before, Xena and Spirit will miss their 3 am wake up calls & treats...

8. CoastCrazy

CoastCrazy Guest

Congrats!!! Let's hope it continues as well!! I'm so excited for all of you, except as mentioned the poor puppies! Keep us updated, and again - Congratulations!

Linda & Trixxie

I'll even sleep better tonight!

9. Madison's Mom

Madison's Mom Completely Boxer Crazy

Sharon that's wonderful news that your daughter finally got some sleep. I know exactly how you and your husband feel.

My daughter was also on Clonidine and it did nothing for her sleep pattern. She is 15 and still can not sleep through the night. When she was three I put a TV in her room so she would stay in bed instead of going to the livingroom to watch TV. I would find her in all sorts of places in the house. I have pictures of her falling asleep in big tupperware containers.....pillow, blankie and all!

My son had sleep problems also. One time I woke up in the morning to find him in front of the TV with his butt in the air an his head on the floor fast a sleep. However, some time in the middle of the night he had gotten out of bed and then found the food coloring and spread it all over the livingroom carpet. Moved a chair over to the kitchen counter, got the butcher knife out and cut himself a big piece of cake.

Growing up I would sleep walk and talk in my sleep. My dad said I use to come out in the middle of the night, cuss him out, (he didn't get home until midnight) and then return to bed. Never once waking up. I haven't slept well in about 17 years. smashicon I take promom, zoloft and 4 tylenol pm's so I can just fall asleep at night. I probably wake up 6 or 7 times during the night.

I went to the doctor and he finally ordered a sleep study to be done. I would guess that there is an under-lying problem!

Anyway, I'm so happy that you might be able to get some shut-eye soon.

Tammy

10. xenaprincess

xenaprincess Boxer Insane

Thanks again everybody..the last 2 nights have been peaceful for Jessica...DH and I still have to get use to it!:)
    Tammy...I am glad your doctor has ordered a sleep study! I totally sympathize with you! It's been rough on us with just our daughter, I couldn't imagine having to go through this with 2 kids AND myself! wackicon However, I must admit that the visual of a kid getting up through the night and cussing out a parent in their sleep makes me chuckle! :p ;) I hope you find peace at night too..good luck to you!:)

Sharon:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.