1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darien is gone...

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Darien'sDad, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darien'sDad

Darien'sDad Boxer Booster

Hi all. I haven't been on in a while. What with a job change and a new baby it has been difficult to keep up with my online friends...

We lost Darien some time back. A little over 4 months ago.

It was nobody's fault but our own. He had been showing more of a tendency to go after cars since our boxer girl, Darla, got out of the yard and caught a glancing blow from a neighbor's car. Well, Darien took it as a challenge I guess and he finally got out of the yard. We live on over 4 1/2 acres in the country in a family neighborhood that is on a dead end road. The size of our yard prohibits us from fencing the whole thing and after all......we are surrounded by my aunts, uncles, cousins, and siblings. We are miles from the nearest highway. We thought that since no one ever goes more than 10 MPH we wouldn't have to worry about our fur babies so much when it came to traffic. But delivery trucks are something that operate outside the family rules. I put the whole horrible day down as a Blog if anyone cares to read it. You can beat up on me if you like. I deserve it. It is part of my penance for being irresponsible.

For anyone who thinks they are safe in their area from losing their pet to a car or truck please think again. If it can happen where I live it can happen to you.

Here is a video I made of Darien with our oldest son when he was just a baby. It still makes me smile and it even takes away a little of the pain. I will miss you soooo much Darien. I am sorry I failed you. Please forgive me.

Adam

Darien Bigge 4/14/2001---12/11/2007

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. Darien'sDad

I didn't mean to put the whole video in the post. Just a link to it. Now I can't edit it out because the time limit has expired. Would an administrator be kind enough to fix it? I only intended to put in a link.

3. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

Adam, I am crying as I read your post about Darien, and watched the video. I am so sad for your tragic loss of such a wonderful boy. The video speaks volumes of how special he was and how much he loved your baby boy - thank you for sharing it, it is beautiful. I hope in time you will have only sweet memories when you think of Darien, remembering the love he had for your family, and the good life he had with you. I send you my deepest sympathy.

4. ForeverMama

ForeverMama Boxer Insane

So sorry for the tragic loss of your sweet boy. Your video was one of the most precious things I have seen. Run free sweet Darien angelicon

5. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

I am so very sorry about your loss (Your blog page said it has expired). Please know my thoughts are with you. What a wonderful video to remember your baby!!!

Godspeed sweet Darien angelicon

6. Darien'sDad

Here is what happened....

Sorry. The link isn't working so here is what happened that day...................

7. WAT

WAT Boxer Insane

I am sobbing as I write this to you. I know your heart is breaking, but do not hold yourself responsible for this, it was just a terrible accident. Boxers are very strong willed and maybe nothing you would have done could have stopped this. It is just fate. Enjoy your baby boy and know that he has a Boxer angel watching over him. God bless you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

8. butlersmom

butlersmom Super Boxer

Tears are falling from my face as I read this, also. Accidents happen, and sometimes, no matter what we do, things cannot be avoided. Your words are evident that your boy was loved. He's now running at the bridge; waiting for you and the rest of his family. Try not to beat yourself up. I am so sorry for your loss. Congratulations on the birth of the new baby boy, btw.

Run free, Darien - RIP.

9. kayboxer

kayboxer Boxer Insane

I can't help but cry when I read about Darien. I think of my two boys and how they have grown up with our boxers. Buster is only 10 mo. old but my youngest son, Kade, loves him more than anything and they are best friends. My oldest son, Kris, is 16 and was 9 when we got our girl Roxy. My boys love those boxers more than anyone can imagine, as do my husband and I. I can't imagine the pain of watching your beloved pet lose his life, but I am so glad you were able to be there with him when he passed. I'm sure he was comforted knowing the ones that loved him most were there with him. May he run fast and free at the bridge. angelicon

10. hanley

hanley Boxer Insane

All I can say is I'm sending you my prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.