1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daniel, this is what I think of your "expert" Ed Frawley

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Julie Davis, Dec 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie Davis

Julie Davis Boxer Insane

After reading your post concerning Ed Frawley, I decided to find out more about him. After I read some advice he gave, I formed an unsavory opinion of him. Not only was he crude in his response to us on this Board, but let me quote you something else he said after someone asked him what to do about their dog taking food off the table....."You simply place a mousetrap under a piece of paper near the food that you leave as bait. Usually the dog will set the trap and never get snapped. Some dogs are especially pain resistant and care free. If they are large enough you can go up to a rat trap". I'm sorry, Daniel, but a dog could get hurt with this advice. I'd like to set a rat trap for Ed Frawley and see if he's pain resistant and carefree.

2. Cindy and Lacie.

Cindy and Lacie. Guest

Julie, I was also offended by his response. It totally turnded me off to this man. Even if he was the BEST trainier in the world I would not take my dog to him after reading the message that Daniel forwarded to us.

3. Jennifer -Pharaoh's Mom

Jennifer -Pharaoh's Mom Guest

puke

that guy was a moron....I won't even WASTE my time disputing his RIDICULOUS comments!
    Jennifer :D

4. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

Way to go Julie! I have stayed out of this but have been reading the posts...couldn't keep my mouth shut about that one though. I agree that his response was very offensive.

5. Lisa M

Lisa M Completely Boxer Crazy

Thanks for bringing that up, I didn't mention it, because I figured I sounded argumentative enough already! ;)

But I thought the guy was just plain stupid sounding, also my husband serves as an expert witness for legal matters in his field - and as we all saw in our recent election saga, you can get two "world renowned" experts to provide completely opposing testimony. (Often we know how we would argue the other side if that is who we were wroking for, but we are ethcial in that if a lawyer wants us to say something that just isn't true and can't be backed up we won't take the job unlike some experts for hire!)

It sounds like that guy has a low opinion of boxers and just gave an off-the-cuff answer to me. I think all dog trainers should really know more about many different breeds not just the ones they work with the most, which if this guy does work for the police K-9 training would be GSD.

That mouse-trap thing is truly mean, I've never heard this given as a method for food detering! A dog could get seriously hurt, imagine if that mouse catcher thing got into their eyeball or caught their tender noses!

6. Scuba

Scuba Boxer Pal

Stupid Ed Frawley

Excuse my language but Ed frawley in an ASSHOLE. I emailed him a while back after running across his web site. He replied with the same kind of rude ignorant reply. Mister genius obviously dosen't know that Boxers are one of the best kind of seeing eye dogs (as shown in Breed all about it). Also the boxer served the Germans in World war 1 and 2 as a service dog. go to http://clubs.akc.org/abc/german_boxer.htm and yoou will see info about boxers in WW1

Scott & Buddy
    http://www.geocities.com/buddytheboxer/

7. Alisha Mobley

Alisha Mobley Boxer Insane

Our trainer has his opinions about different breeds and the amount of time it takes to train them. He has always said all dogs are very smart but some take more time to train. He said it has a lot to do with what they were bred for. He gave us an example using Huskeys. He said they were bred to pull sleds. There isn't much thinking in sled pulling. The dog is taught to follow the dog in front of him and that's about it. So taking into consideration that Huskeys were not bred to do much thinking they do take longer to train, usually. He also pointed out bulldog type breeds can take longer to train than others. He pointed to my Pru while saying this. He said they can still be trained as well but more time is usually invested to get the dog to obey the command. He has always complimented my dogs during class and once a lady in the class said she thought Sheeba was the best in the class (I was so proud of her :D). I don't know if I spent more time training than the others or not but my Boxers were always one of the better dogs in every class. I would practice daily with them and assumed others did the same. I don't feel like 10-15 minute practice sessions daily would be considered an excessive amount of training time when the dog is learning new commands.

As for the "expert" I'm with Jennifer. He is a moron and needs to be educated about the Boxer breed before commenting on their training ability. Has this guy ever heard of picking up a book and reading it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.