Daily Protein Intake Switch to Honest Kitchen from TOTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichBoxerMom

Boxer Buddy
Need some help here. Feeding Honest Kitchen Preference for last month and doing well with tummy problems now since switching from TOTW. I add in 1/2 cup of dry TOTW with the Honest Kitchen and also 1/2 cup of ground beef drained and rinsed in water. Feeding twice per day but my boy Cooper still seems very hungry after 3 hours or so. Am I not feeding enough protein?
1 yr 4 month old male at 67 pounds. No weight gain over past 6 months.
Any advice or suggestions?

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
How does he look? You should be able to see the last three ribs. He should have a nice waist with a tuck up. You should not be able to see his backbone. If he looks good, you are probably feeding enough.

How much are you actually feeding per meal? Does he act like he is still hungry when he is done eating? If he is still acting hungry you could try feeding him some salt-free green beans. They will help fill him up, without adding much calories.

Good luck!

MichBoxerMom

Boxer Buddy
He looks very healthy but he is a very tall male. I cannot see his backbone and only the last 2 ribs. He doesnt seems hungry after he eats but after 4 hours or so he wants more food. I usually have to give him a cup of dry to get him through til dinner. I dont like doing this but he hasnt gained any weight by doing so - guess its probably ok.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I doesn't hurt to feed three meals a day. I do it with my dogs, since I work an afternoon evening shift. It would be a very long time between breakfast and dinner otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.