Cruises

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Boxer Boys

Boxer Insane
Anyone have some suggestions for cruises for families? Looking at either taking off from either California or Florida.

Aimee

Boxer Insane
We took a Carnival Cruise in May and they had tons of activities for the kids. This was our first cruise so I have not personally experienced what other cruise lines offer but have been told that your major cruise lines have child friendly activities. I do know several people who cruise often and will only choose the Disney cruise with their kids. They claim that Disney offers more of an overall family atmosphere than any other cruise line. I know from our cruise that although they had childrens activities, the overall atmosphere is not something I would have wanted to expose my children, if I had any, to. We had an awesome time on our cruise, it's a great way to vacation!

AZ Boxer Boys

Boxer Insane
Thanks for the info. Yes, this is our first cruise and we've been asking just about everyone we know if they have any suggestions. We do belong to AAA and we'll check it out.
Thanks again, if you think of anything else let me know.

bustermom

Boxer Insane
I LOVE cruises!!

I've been on 4 and had a wonderful time on each one. We don't have any kids yet, but I did check out the family activities each time just to see what the deal was.

My favorite cruise line is Royal Caribbean. I love everything about them: the ships, the service, the food (oh my word - the food!), the other passengers, etc.

RC seemed to have some very nice children's programs - there's a whole section of one deck which is off-limits to anyone over 16 years old. Their newer ships (Voyager class) have so many fun activities for the kids - lots of pools, rollerblading area, rock climbing wall, Johnny Rockets burger place, daycare/children's supervised activities, etc. We took a cruise on the Navigator of the Seas (eastern Caribbean) back in July and on our last day we were trying to find a place to stow away so we wouldn't have to get off the ship. :eek:

While I enjoyed the one cruise I took on Carnival, the one thing I didn't like was that they really catered to the college crowd. It was more like spring break than a family vacation. Although I did laugh at the poolside contest for "how many ping pong balls can you stuff into your bikini"...

I've never taken a Disney cruise, but I've heard such wonderful things about them. I was married at the Wedding Pavilion in Disneyworld, so you can guess my opinion of all things Disney! :D

Overall, I think cruises are a wonderful way to vacation. You get a taste of some countries/islands you may not otherwise ever get to visit (and you can always go back again later), safety on-board is always a priority (children have to wear wristbands with their "emergency muster station" location), and the whole experience is really just amazing. It's incredible how many fun activities you can pack onto one ship!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

AZ Boxer Boys

Boxer Insane
Thanks Bustermom for all of the info. We recently talked to one of our neighbors who have gone on several cruises and they said the same thing you did - RC is the best. I believe they had gone on Carnival too, but like RC better.

Thanks again. We're still shooting for sometime this winter or spring.

Cindy

BoxerPak

Boxer Booster
I love cruises and unfortunatley I've only been on one. We used Carnival Cruise Lines and we had no problems with them. In reference for a family have you tried looking into the Disney Cruise Line that is out there? I've only seen information on commercials but it seems to be pretty family orientated so there will be something for everyone to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.