crazy dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TossBranAbi

Boxer Insane
We just bought a house almost two months ago and we are doing a lot of miscellaneous work here and there. The past week were were re-doing our downstairs bathroom. Gutted it and started from scratch. In doing this, the dogs were in the way and it was too hot to let them go outside so we put them in the basement. It is nice and cool down there and nothing for them to get into that could hurt them.

To set the story up: Our basement has a "trough" of dirt in it. We have do idea what it is for but one of the long walls has an extension out that only goes about halfway up the foundation wall, it is about 10 feet wide by 50 feet long and is completely full of dirt.

They were running around and playing nicely for an hour or so and then I noticed it got quiet...

Walked downstairs and I didn't see them at the first glance but then, I found three dirtballs standing on the "trough" wiggling. They had been digging in the dirt, had it scattered all over the basement floor, their feet covered in dirt. They must have been rolling in it too because they had fine dirt all through their coats :eek:

They couldn't have picked a better time to do this since our bathroom was gutted and the upstairs bathroom only has a shower. It was a good thing it was hot outside because they got a bath with the hose.

What were they thinking? Why is this trough of dirt in my basement? (it was built right in when the house was built which was in 1920.) Why did they decide to play in the dirt when the bath tub was not in the bathroom? I guess some questions are better left unanswered.

I tried to get a picture but they were filthy and I had to get back to painting the walls so I just got them cleaned up and then they went into their crates with a kong until it was safe for them to be loose in the house.

To make things even better, Stephen had to lift Brady off the trough because he was afraid to come down the steps that he went up to get there in the first place :LOL:

They certainly keep us on our toes but I wouldn't have it any other way.

boxmom

Boxer Insane
That's one thing I love about the summer--the hose 'em off outside option when they get all piggy. :D

DiverDiva

Boxer Insane
What were they thinking? Why is this trough of dirt in my basement? (it was built right in when the house was built which was in 1920.) Why did they decide to play in the dirt when the bath tub was not in the bathroom? I

Maybe they thought it was a nice feature that made you buy that particular house for them. The house came with this very nice doggy entertainment center! :LOL:
What, no bathtub? We don't need no stinkin' bathtub!

SweetCody

Boxer Insane
Come on Mom, what good is it to have dirt in the basement if we can't play in it? Jeez...

Yeah mom isn't that why you bought us this house?!? :LOL:
Sorry to get such a great laugh from your frustration but I really needed it today, Thanks for sharing.

Gen G. :)

Super Boxer
Those crazy pups always seem to know what will make Mommy and Daddy EXTRA happy :LOL: Three dirtballs standing on the trough wiggling?? When I read this my coffee came out my nose :LOL:

My Boxer

Boxer Insane
TossBranAbi;1180974.....so we put them in the basement. It is nice and cool down there and nothing for them to get into that could hurt them .....and then I noticed it got quiet... Walked downstairs and I didn't see them at the first glance but then said:
What a visual! Too funny! Don't you know by now, a quiet Boxer is a Boxer up to no good! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.