Crate Training - spiteful puppy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
UPDATE: Getting better/new idea

Well, we purchased a metal crate (large with divider) in hopes she wouldn't feel as confined and it's starting to work. She went in there today on her own and laid down!!! We also bought a soft dog bed and I think that helped to...
As soon as I saw her lay down I snuck over to get her favorite yummy bone out of the kitchen and gave it to her and said "good girl, kennel!", she looked up at me, grabbed the bone and started getting out, so I took it away :) she finished getting out and I put the bone back in, she went in and got it and came back out and I took it away :) She cought on VERY fast!!! The next time she went in, laid down, and chewed on it for 20 minutes! YEAH! She did this about 3 more times before I had to leave for work.
So we're finally getting somewhere with the crate!!
I'm so excited!

Julie

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
Another Update!

Little Roxy has slept in her crate for 4 nights in a row now without waking up and crying!
She barks when we put her in the crate to leave in the daytime, but when we get back she is sound asleep!
She also hasn't peed in her new crate at all AND we've had 3 out of last 5 days accident free, ALL DAY LONG!!! YEAH!!
We also found out how much she weighs - 16.5 lbs at 12 weeks old. She's getting so big!!

See Ya!
Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.