Crate Pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

HokieGirl

Boxer Buddy
Rocki has destroyed her crate pan - well at least around the edges. I think it cracked when she dropped a heavy bone in there. Since she noticed the crack, it has bothered her and yesterday I came home to her having chewed the lip off of the (plastic) pan (where it was cracked). I need some help coming up with a solution to replace said pan. I do not want to buy another cheap plastic pan that will do the same in 6 months. Let me know your ideas/thoughts ASAP as I hope to take care of this today before she becomes too destructive with it and or hurts herself. Here are a few of mine:

1) Cut ply wood - put vinyl flooring over it with threshold/drywall corner board around the edges. (Vinyl to keep her from getting any splinters if she scratches and protects from any accidents which she does not have but who knows).

2) Plexiglass cut to fit.

Now your thoughts/ideas.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
Contact a plastic supply house, ain plastics may have a branch down your way, ask them how much a sheet of non-slip plastic would be. tell them what you want it for and you want the cheapest effect route. Or check an auto store for oil drip pans; a beauty supply for a wash basin drip pan. You can always set the crate down in the pan if the pan is larger than the crate. drill some holes and use carabiners to attach pan to crate.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
They also make metal crate pans. You could replace it with a metal one. Mine was around $15 for the larger crate so it wasn't horribly over priced.

HokieGirl

Boxer Buddy
I think if you read further, you will find that they are metal crates with plastic pans or plastic pans to fit your metal crate at least that is what I am getting. Most of what I see (metal pans) are >$45 with shipping. Oh well. I guess I will use the plywood with flooring over it. Thanks for your help.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
I think if you read further, you will find that they are metal crates with plastic pans or plastic pans to fit your metal crate at least that is what I am getting. Most of what I see (metal pans) are >$45 with shipping. Oh well. I guess I will use the plywood with flooring over it. Thanks for your help.

No I bought JUST THE PAN as a replacement because mine got bent (not due to the dog). My boy's crate PAN PAN PAN is METAL not plastic. It sounds like a tin can. I bought a REPLACEMENT PAN for $15 shipping included (however this was probably a year and a half ago now). I've also seen them at local feed stores REPLACEMENT PANS ONLY for around $25 hence the reason I bought it online it was cheaper. I know what I bought because I didn't receive a crate, and the crates that I buy are around $70 for the size that I use...big difference compared to $15.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane

Or just get a replacement plastic one. If it isn't cracked she may not have a problem with it. But like I said they DO sell metal crate pan replacements.

HokieGirl

Boxer Buddy
I am sorry, I did not mean to offend you at all. I guess my post when read looked like I was saying that they don't exist. What I meant to say was that I can find metal replacement pans online but have only found them for more than or equal to the plastic replacement counterparts. The metal pan is exactly what I am looking for but everything I see for the 42" crate is >$45 with shipping. If I do find one that is priced right, it usually is plastic which I do not want to keep replacing. I am not having the same luck you had in finding such a great deal which is why I thought I might use plywood and vinyl and construct one. I did not mean to upset/offend you. Once again, I apologize.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
I am sorry, I did not mean to offend you at all. I guess my post when read looked like I was saying that they don't exist. What I meant to say was that I can find metal replacement pans online but have only found them for more than or equal to the plastic replacement counterparts. The metal pan is exactly what I am looking for but everything I see for the 42" crate is >$45 with shipping. If I do find one that is priced right, it usually is plastic which I do not want to keep replacing. I am not having the same luck you had in finding such a great deal which is why I thought I might use plywood and vinyl and construct one. I did not mean to upset/offend you. Once again, I apologize.

Maybe check a local feed/pet store. Or invest in the metal one. $45 for the rest of her life isn't a bad deal. They're virtually indestructable. I accidentally left mine outside and in the 120 AZ heat it warped and wouldn't fit back into the crate anymore so I had to buy a new one, but had I not done that I would have had it 3 years now without so much as a scratch on it. Extremely durable and would probably be the last crate pan you'd ever buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.