Countersurfing troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

magoo's_mama

Super Boxer
Normally Magoo is in his crate when we're not home unless I'm only going to be gone less then half an hour. He has alays been a good boy, but today while I was at the store Magoo decided to eat an entire loaf of whole wheat bread, at least it was organic =).
As far as I know he doesn't have an signifcant wheat allergies. Is it going to expand in his tummy?
He seems fine, any idea what I should expect after ingesting such a meal?

Sabrina

Boxer Booster
He should be fine. He just might have to go to the bathroom more than normal since dogs don't digest grains very well. Cortes has eaten entire loaves of bread before with no problems - it doesn't even give him a stomach ache.

magoo's_mama said:
He seems fine, any idea what I should expect after ingesting such a meal?

If it was organic bread (no added iron) and he has no wheat allergies, the only thing I would be worried about is the possibility of loose stools and gas...that's a lot of fibre. :LOL: Other than that, he should be aces. Boxers tend to have stomachs of steel and seemingly can ingest or pass virtually anything.

:)

MyGirlHeidi

Completely Boxer Crazy
Heidi is a master at counter surfing for bread. One time I came home and found a loaf tucked in the couch! I guess she was saving it for later. It's never bothered her..I think she's a carb addict! I always try to put the bread up but, sometimes I forget...and she will strike! It's the one food that she cannot resist. ;) I'm sure Magoo will be fine. :)

magoo's_mama

Super Boxer
This is the first time Magoo has ever stolen anything off the counter, so I'm shocked it would be a loaf of wheat bread! What a wierdo!
Magoo had the worst gas last night, I almost locked him out of our bedroom where he usually sleeps because he kept waking me up with his smelly bum.
He seems fine now and his stench has passed for the most part.
It's funny how much we worry about the right kind of food to feed and then they go ahead and eat things they shouldn't anyways.
Thanks for the reassurance.

brak'sdad

Boxer Buddy
brak is always following me around especially in the kitchen hunting for something to eat. the other day while i was making my lunch for work i stepped out and went into the pantry and just as i was coming out there he goes, still closed in the package a whole loaf of bread in his mouth.he was taking it to his crate for a midnight snack i guess..

Status
Not open for further replies.