1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coughing

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by kathysboxer, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BxrMommieNAZ

BxrMommieNAZ Boxer Insane

If they don't have it yet they probably won't. I had my dog and my foster that both had it (mine had it twice) and despite my senior girl licking green boogers from my younger Boxer's mouth and nose and eating food he had already put in his mouth and dropped she never got it. Some dogs just have better immune systems than others, or some have already had it and built up the immunities, etc. Same as you getting a cold/flu but your kids or spouse not. As long as it's slowly improving just give it some time and it'll be a distant memory.

2. kathysboxer

kathysboxer Boxer Insane

I think I need to rename him Honkers though LOL. I know it is getting better. When it first started, he almost coughed constantly. Now it's mostly going out in the cold, or when he gets too excited playing. Uggg, kids LOL. I have noticed it happens mostly when he first gets up too.

3. kathysboxer

kathysboxer Boxer Insane

Just wanted to give an update. Atlas seems to be pretty much over his coughing spell. He will cough a little bit, but nothing compared to what it was. Thankfully the other dogs didn't get it.
    Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice!!

4. BxrMommieNAZ

BxrMommieNAZ Boxer Insane

That's great! Glad he's doing better and that the other ones were saved from it :-D

5. kathysboxer

kathysboxer Boxer Insane

Thanks!! I was so worried that morning when he started coughing!! All most hate to say it, but at least now I know what it sounds like!!

6. mileswilson

mileswilson Boxer Booster

My wilson takes pretinzone (I know I spelled that wrong) for his allegies and one side effect that he has is excessive drinking and going pee for a very long time when it takes it, other than that he does not have any other side effects but all dogs are different. I go with our other boxer friend and have kennel cough looked at. Hope all is well and it is a good thing that you are a good mommy... keep us posted.

7. kathysboxer

kathysboxer Boxer Insane

Yes, he drinks a tons and pee's even more on prednisone. LOL When Tyson was a pup, he had to take it and same thing. I really don't like giving it to them as it affects the thyroid gland (I absolutely hate steroids for humans or dogs). He takes his last pill of it tomorrow.

When I give him the invormectin (sp?) for the mange, it does tend to make him cough for just a little while, but at least I know what that is from ;)

Thanks for the well wishes. Here's to a better month in April :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.