1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copper

Discussion in 'Stories' started by camotigger, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camotigger

camotigger Boxer Pal

My small family is planning to move back to New Hampshire, currently we live in Ohio. I was taking somethings out to the trash for our downsizing. I turned back to the house and was greeted by an adorable boxer wagging his nub. After checking him for tags I went into the house to get a leash to find his owners. As soon as I opened the door he pranced in, spun around a few times and laid down. I put the leash on him and being home alone with my children we went out looking for his owner. After about 20 minutes we found her. She refused to take him back saying that she had been trying to find a family for him, that he kept escaping etc. I asked how old he was, his name, his behaviors to which she replied she didn't know she had only had him a few days, that his name was Rocky but that he didn't know his name. She said the last time he got out her boyfriend saw someone walking him around, she made it seem as though she had just let him out thinking someone would take him. We have now officially welcomed Copper (his new name for his new start) into our family. After a good bath and nail clipping we cannot figure out why anyone would want to get rid of him. He loves my children is house trained, Fixed, and has amazing leash manners. I will be posting pictures in the next few days.

2. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Well now, what a great home welcoming present!!! And the best kind!

I can't imagine what was going through your head talking to this woman. I'm sure every ongoing word was one more that sealed Copper's fate. These are the stories we hear about in the rescue world, but usually it's southern states dumping dogs in this manner. Where was he before she got him a few days ago? Poor baby, just wanting a home filled with love - he obviously knew this woman wasn't gonna provide any!

Bless you for allowing him to call your home and your family all his! I say dogs seem to pick us.......Copper proved that with not a doubt! Welcome to your new home - ALL OF YOU!

3. camotigger

camotigger Boxer Pal

in response

"I can't imagine what was going through your head talking to this woman. I'm sure every ongoing word was one more that sealed Copper's fate. These are the stories we hear about in the rescue world, but usually it's southern states dumping dogs in this manner. Where was he before she got him a few days ago? Poor baby, just wanting a home filled with love - he obviously knew this woman wasn't gonna provide any!"

She basically told me that if I didn't take him and he stayed with her that he would be found outside again shortly. I don't understand it, he is amazing. He reminds me personality wise of a Doberman I had as a teenager that was absolutely amazing. I have been looking for a dog that was similar, instead he found me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.