1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Cooper did it"(LONG)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robyn, Sep 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Completely Boxer Crazy

I guess this is boxer related, sort of...

Today, the kids and I were working in one of those "preschool" type workbooks. The doorbell rang and it was my brother. He is in construction, and considering it has been raining since Sat. he has not had a lot to do. He said he had to get out of the house or my sister in law would kill him. :D I put the workbooks away, sent the kids to play and put on coffee. In the meantime, Cole did something (I can't remember now) that warranted time out. We have three stages of time out. Family room step (we have a step down fam. room), foyer step (worse because they can't see what's going on, and third is going to your room. Whatever he did deserved the foyer, so off he went. Little did I know, he still had a purple crayon in his hand. GASP!!! After a while, I let him up and we all had lunch. My brother got up to leave and he walked ahead of me into the foyer. I was still in the kitchen when I heard him gasp. As I walked into the foyer, he was guickly rubbing the wood floor with his sock. Cole had drawn quite the picture in purple crayon on the foyer floor!!! By this time, Callie, Cole and Cooper were all in the foyer. I asked who did it (knowing full well it was not Callie, she had not been in time out at all) Cole said "I don't know, I didn't do it" At this point, I was not even pretending to be mad, now that he fibbed. Of course, this entire time my brother is trying to get it up because he does not want Cole in trouble. :rolleyes: :) Cooper instinctively knows when someone is in trouble and get very upset if we raise our voice even the slightest amount. Maybe he heard a lot of yelling in his last house. To continue, I again asked who did it. Then I said "Did Callie do it?" Cole said "No". Again, "Cole, don't lie, who drew on the floor with the crayon?" With an incredible poker face he replies..."Cooper did it Mom." Okay, now I'm mad but holding back the grin, I glance at Coop and the poor thing is practically screaming, I didn't do it Ma! Well, needless to say Cole got sent to his room, and my brother got up the crayon.

I don't think I'll be reading "Harold and the purple crayon" to Callie and Cole in the near future! :D

------------------
    Robyn
    Cooper, 5-11-99
    Red fawn, neutered male, floppy and docked,rescue
    Mugzy, fawn, neutered male waiting at the bridge
    Come see our beautiful boxers at www.boxerrescue.com

2. JoAnn

JoAnn Super Boxer

Too great of a story, poor Cooper I know the look too well. I guess I am not going to complain about the fact that I have had to drag the vacum out 5 times today because of the Boxers. Actually, I did have a pup once that got ahold of a red crayon and really messed up my carpeting, who knows it could happen. How old are your little ones?

3. Robyn

Yes Joann, the vacuum is my best friend too! Callie and Cole are four year old fraternal twins. You can see some pics of them at the spotlight section of www.boxerrescue.com . They really are VERY good generally. This rain is just getting to all of us! We are going to the mall tomorrow no matter what! :)

------------------
    Robyn
    Cooper, 5-11-99
    Red fawn, neutered male, floppy and docked,rescue
    Mugzy, fawn, neutered male waiting at the bridge
    Come see our beautiful boxers at www.boxerrescue.com

4. Linda

Linda Boxer Insane

That is very cute. I bet it took incredible strength to keep from laughing!?

Maybe Cole will learn to blame Cooper for things he's capable of doing, like chewing up a toy or ripping a book. :) Poor Cooper.

5. Brenda

Brenda Guest

ROFL!! That is hilarious! Dogs have been blamed for many things over the years (I think we're all familiar with the one pinned on them by our hubbies ;) ) but have never heard of a furbaby coloring!! You must be very proud of Cooper's first artistic endeavour!! :D :D :D

------------------
    Brenda
    Boxer Baby: Harley - born 12/27/98 - adopted 1/08/2000 - docked tail/natural ears/neutered - full of pee & vinegar!

6. buddy'smom

buddy'smom Boxer Pal

Well Robyn that is quite a humorous story! Poor Cooper. I must say though I have to admire Cole for his quick wit there! Having worked in daycare for quite a few years I have heard some good excuses. Admit it mom, how many times have you wanted to blame the dog for something. It's the old saying "Blame the dog, he'll never tell." I would say you have some pretty bright four year olds there! I bet they keep you busy.

Have fun at the mall!
    Jean

7. brindlemom

brindlemom Guest

That's so funny Robyn.
    Callie and Cole are soooo adorable!!!

------------------
    Cindy
    Striker's Mom
    9 month old Christmas baby, born 12/25/99. Brindle with natural ears, docked tail, white "socks", chest, blaze. Cute as can be!!!

8. catcompany

catcompany Banned

Robyn..that was such a cute tale!!!! :) (though I am sure you didnot find it cute at that time)..smart kid Cole

------------------
    "Juno"
    Poppy--(Judy Old Flame Of Jojupama):Fawn, Female, FloppyEars, DockedTail....Rainbow Bridge
    Draco:fawn male with black mask, natural ear and natural tail (long wiggly tail!!), neutered..Adopted on August 26th, 2000 from the Lone Star Boxer Rescue

9. Robyn

I definately see the humor in this now, a week later!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.