1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering switching to Wellness for Puppies???

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by BoxHead, Jul 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoxHead

BoxHead Boxer Pal

I have a13 week old fawn female who has been on Eukanuba Lamb and Rice for puppies and Bil-Jac for puppies since we had her from 8weeks old. We have used this food combo of 50% of each food at the rate of a total of 2 cups a day spread out over four feedings. Our pup is now twenty pounds plus. She has been seem by a vet for her shots and they say she is doing fine with her weight at this stage.

I have been reading various reports on feeding an holisitic diet and have thought about switching to Wellness SuperMix5 for Puppies. The reports I read about Bil Jac and Eukanuba have made me concerned for the future health of our pet.

Has anyone used Wellness for Puppies? If so how would you rate it. The company seems to rely on the fact that they use meat that is considered fit for human consumption pluss they add various fruits and grains.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    John P. Apuzza

2. nern

nern Boxer Booster

Wellness

I think Wellness is a great food.....I havent used the puppy food but Im currently using the adult chicken super5mix. Good stuff in there.

3. VTbxrFan

VTbxrFan Boxer Insane

I also use the adult formula and have been very happy with it. I have not used the puppy formula, but I would imagine it is also a very high quality, nutritious food -- probably much better than what you are feeding now. Just be sure to switch slowly by mixing a little of the new food with the old. Gradually increase the new and decrease the old until you are completely switched. That will help prevent tummy upset.

4. malinda

malinda Completely Boxer Crazy

I believe the puppy food for wellness is new to the market within the last year or so. We feed Megan Wellness adult food and she loves it. We switch off between three different dry foods, I try to rotate them each time we buy a new bag. I have had really good results with it.

5. Nedra's_momma

Nedra's_momma Completely Boxer Crazy

The puppy food is new to the market. CA Natural and Old Mother Hubbard didn't make a puppy formula previously because their Adult Formulas work just as well. As a matter of fact, there are feeding instructions for puppies on the back of the bag of adult food. ;)

They didn't introduce a puppy formula until later, when their consumers started demanding it. Personally, I will just feed my next pup the adult formula.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.