Considering showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jdvzbxr

I just got Kodi and he is now 13 weeks. I have not decided to show him or not. he did not come from champion bloodlines, but he is very good looking. As far as I can see he doesn't have any flaws that would prevent him from showing. I've never showed a dog before so maybee I could not tell. If anybody out there has any beginers advice that would be great. I live in Minnesota so if anybody knows someone I could talk to that would be very helpfull. He will be natural so that may pose a problem but I'm willing to take that risk. I also plan to compete in agility and obedience with him. Thanks in advance for any help ......

Kodi says hi everybodysmashicon smashicon smashicon

Contacting a Boxer club to see if anyone is local to you would be a good start. If you want to show you need to have your pup evaluated by a show breeder with good experience. When I first started I thought all Boxers looked alike. Fast forward a few years and I see, oh, about a billion differences! You should find some local shows and start attending them to get a feel for the show world.

Not every Boxer was bred well enough to be a Champion but that does not mean they do nake a wonderful loving pet! My Crystal was bought as a pet though I did show her a bit when she was younger. She never finished but she is still my buddy at 8.5 years old.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.