Cleaning stains caused by "puberty"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaiducAgnita

Boxer Booster
So Haiduc is now almost 9 months old so he started to leave some white stains on the couch, since he's allowed on the couches.
He's not neutered because I want to keep my options open for later, especially since he's so young. The vet mentioned it's a discharge because he's not neutered, so I'm wondering how long these things will go on for?
Also, what's the best way to clean these spots, since I can't really put the couches in the washer, like I do with the blankets he sleeps on ?

Box Boys

Boxer Insane
I would schedule an appointment to get him neutered. In the short term though, you might want to put some covers on the couch (a sheet, blanket, anything that you can toss in the washer).

Gruntsmom

Boxer Insane
I agree, neutering Haiduc would be a good thing, and he really isn't too young at 9 months to be neutered. My Grunt Boy was neutered when he was 6 months old, for all the health benefits. And, I never intended for him to be a daddy.

HaiducAgnita

Boxer Booster
Well, I'm not sure yet if I'd like to breed Haiduc, and I know you're not really supposed to breed them until 2 years of age, so I'll have more time to think about all the implications.
As such, I'm just trying to keep the house clean until I decide to either neuter him or breed him.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Before you breed you should be showing him to get his championship first. You need to prove that he is a good representative of the breed. Then there are all those health test that you need to do. None of the above is cheap. Breeding responsibly is not a money making exercise. You should be willing to take back any puppies that you produce for any reason. If you don't do the above, you are just going to be another irresponsible backyard breeder who will be contributing to the dog overpopulation problem. Sorry to be so blunt. :(

bucca

Boxer Insane
i have to put my two cents in here, please have him neutered, there are so many unwanted dogs already out there that need good homes boxers included(thats how i got spanky from a rescue) spanky wasnt fixed when the rescue got him but they neutered him imm. there is so much that goes into breeding that if you arent willing to do what your supposed to then dont do it.

HaiducAgnita

Boxer Booster
I have read on this forum about all that is involved in being a responsible breeder, and that's why I mentioned that if I do breed him, I want to make sure he's a good candidate for breeding.
I also plan on showing him, but I'm waiting until he's 1 year old, and if I neuter him now, I won't be able to have him participate in conformation.
I've already looked into places which can do all the necessary tests for genetics, as well as my vet for the other tests which were mentioned in the multiple threads on breeding.

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
i have to put my two cents in here, please have him neutered, there are so many unwanted dogs already out there that need good homes boxers included(thats how i got spanky from a rescue) spanky wasnt fixed when the rescue got him but they neutered him imm. there is so much that goes into breeding that if you arent willing to do what your supposed to then dont do it.

I have to say I completely agree. And just to show you in actual numbers, when I adopted my girl 3 years ago, we adopted her in early January of 2006, when I was looking at a rescue in my local area they had 84 yes you read right EIGHTY FOUR PUREBRED Boxers in their rescue care and unfortunately had to close their doors and not accept anymore until they placed some of them. The rescue I ended up getting her from which was only 2 hours away from the one that had 84, had an additional 20 or so. So within about a 2 hour radius from each other there were OVER 100 homeless PUREBRED Boxers waiting for homes.

I got my boy from a reputable breeder, but only because he's white and they just wanted him to have a good home. But I can tell ya, once he reached 6 months old under the knife he went to be neutered...and had he been fawn or brindle I would have done the same thing.

Between showing, genetic testing, taking back puppies, health guarantees, possible c-section on mom and having to pay the thousands for that...I do not have the time nor the cash for that. It's very expensive to properly breed and to show as well as extremely time consuming, so before you take that on I would seriously think about if you have the funds and the time to properly do it, and if not then he needs to get neutered.

MaggienDeuce

Boxer Booster
No experience with this type of stain as my male is neutered. But, I've always used Nature's Miracle for pet stains and I've always gotten stains out with that product - even if it took several applications. Happy cleaning!

Status
Not open for further replies.