Chapter One "Buster Brown's story"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobrian

Completely Boxer Crazy
Buster went to the vet last night for his heartworm test. He is adult worm positive but does not have any baby worms. My vet said that when we test him again in 4 months he may be negative. Buster's heart murmur has not changed either.

While I am disappointed with the results of his visit, I know Buster is feeling well so I am ok with it all. He has been acting like a puppy and is still the biggest love bug. His vet also said that overall he is really healthy.

I am going to start Buster on a heartworm preventative and hope the heartworms die from that. I don't think I will put him through the full-blown treatment again. That was really hard on him.

Buster is pleased that the vet does not want to neuter him while his HW results are still positive. I don't think he was looking forward to loosing his jewels.

KJZMOM

Boxer Booster
Eventhough its not exactly what you wanted, it is overall good news. I'm so glad Buster is enjoying his life with his new family and vice versa.

Cindy Creel

Boxer Insane
I remember my vet telling us when we had Odie treated for HW that it is a good sign that the baby worms are not there. Sometimes it takes a while for the adults to die. No baby worms mean that the adults are not producing anymore. I think that I have remembered this info correctly.

Cindy

marciafinn

Boxer Insane
I hope that his results are negative when you return to the vet and all the adults have died as well. Sounds like Buster found himself a wonderful home...he sure is a great looking older man! Keep us posted with the results after you get them in a few months!

mobrian

Completely Boxer Crazy
He is doing great!!! Thanks for asking. He definitely does not act like anything was ever wrong with him. Buster plays hard and is still the biggest snuggle bug around. My husband, Brian and I feel very fortunate to have Buster in our lives. In fact Brian was singing the song, "You made me love you....I didn't want to do it, I didn't want to do it......." to Buster a couple of days ago.:)

MizBev

Boxer Insane
That is great news to hear about Buster. Sounds like all is well with him and you and Brian. It is so amazing how these incredible creatures can snuggle their way right into your heart.

Bev

boxerlvr

Banned
I'm glad to hear that...lol can your hubby sing?? When my hubby starts signing Rocky starts to do the boxer whoo whoo song lol.

Mama_Zookeeper

Boxer Insane
I just read this entire thread and I am so happy for the outcome for Buster Brown. I am a complete sucker for a silver face and he is one very handsome dude! God Bless you & your husband for the difference you made in Buster's life.

Dora & the Zoo crew

Status
Not open for further replies.