1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cervical Vertebral Instability / Wobbler's

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by karens, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karens

karens Boxer Insane

Emma is responding very well to treatment. She is able to go up and down the stairs now. (thank goodness as she's a big girl and my back was killing me!) She can lift her head up and she can even get on the sofa on her own! She is down to 15mg 1x per day of pred. She hasn't fallen down since we began the pred. She stumbled a few times early on, but she hasn't in a few days.

If she has a lapse, we just increase the pred again. I am hoping she remains stable. It's a waiting game and all we can do is love on her as much as possible every day. She is a trooper.

On a lighter note, the neighbor across the street has a very old Golden and last weekend Emma saw him and did this pathetic "I don't feel good but I still got it in me - woof" at him. I had to laugh at the thought of a geriatric dog brawl.... I asked Em what on earth she thought she was going to do with him dragging slowly up his drive and her stumbling in the front lawn. Silly girl.

2. DyckDogs

DyckDogs Boxer Insane

I laughed at the picture of your Emma and the Golden.

I am praying for your sweet Emma. Hope the pred. continues to help her.
    You're in my thoughts.

3. HurricaneBox

HurricaneBox Boxer Insane

I have no insights either but wanted to post and let you know I am pulling for your girl! And I had an idea... if the disease is common to Dobies and Danes, perhaps there is a breed specific forum your could join for one of them, then maybe you would have a better shot at connecting with people who have had some experience with it. Just an idea, though. Best of luck to you, and lots of get well wiggles to Emma!

4. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

Glad to hear that Emma is responding to treatment, and that she's moving around on her own. :) Sending more healing and positive vibes her way, I hope she has many feel good days. The visual of the "geriatric canine brawl" is hilarious! :LOL: You go, Emma!!!

5. karens

karens Boxer Insane

I gave away a big piece of my heart today, but I know in time it will grow back. I had to put my love, my baby Emma to rest today. She started to decline on Friday and by this morning, she was in terrible pain and could not stand.

I promised myself that even if I had just a few weeks with her, I would appreciate every moment. I took advantage of that and am so greatful for what little extra time I had.

Rest in peace my sweet angel.

6. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

I'm SO sorry you had to let Emma go,:( my heart goes out to you with deep sympathy. God speed Sweet Emma, run free - I know my Grunt was there to meet you at the Bridge, with all the other angels who went before.

7. cantfindlog

cantfindlog Completely Boxer Crazy

I am so sorry about Emma angelicon Rest in peace sweet girl.

8. laurelheebsh

laurelheebsh Boxer Booster

I'm really sorry to hear about Emma. I'll keep you in my thoughts tonight.

9. Mama's Boys

Mama's Boys Super Boxer

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Run free at the Bridge sweet Emma angelicon

Hugs to you.

10. karens

karens Boxer Insane

Thank you all. My eyes are swollen and my heart is empty, but I am blessed to have two loves at home to keep me warm tonight. I know that someday another will make it's way into my heart and my home. I miss my girl. Oddly enough she had cowlicks of hair on her chest that clearly made out a heart shape. You can see it in every photo of her, even as a puppy. I always told her she was my "heart."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.