1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cephalexin for dogs, Same as for people?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Walkssoftly, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walkssoftly

Walkssoftly Completely Boxer Crazy

I had a prescription for Cephalexin 250mg for the dogs.. My question is:
    Is Cephalexin 250mg for people the exact same thing? I have found that I'm allergic to the prescription given to me. I just ran out of the cephalexin from the vets, and wondered instead of having to pay a big price for more.. if I could use this that I had for me?
    I've read the bottles, and both say Cephalexin 250 mg. The only differance I see is the actual capsules looked different. I am guessing that this is just because they are different brands... ?
    I ask this because the tramadol that was first given to me in the vets office ran out, and they called in a prescription to the Drug store for more.. and it was the exact same thing as I recieved in the vets office.
    Funds are tight, so if this cephalexin 250mg is one in the same, it sure would help to give it, instead of toss it out, and go to vets for more!
    I am giving the cephalexin to guard against infection from broken tooth, until surgery is arranged.

Karen
    Sequoia 1yr white female
    TaTanka 1yr white male
    Sly 21yr old domestic kitty male

2. BXR RYD

BXR RYD Boxer Booster

I think a call to a pharmacy or vet would be able to answer this question.
    They should be able to tell you for sure.

3. winn dixie

winn dixie Super Boxer

its the same thing...our babies have taken ours before

4. jesiandabe

jesiandabe Boxer Pal

its the same

I am a pharmacy technician and there is no difference in the two, he fills scripts for several dogs and cats in our pharmacy everything from thyroid meds to antibiotics! You can always call your local pharmacy and tell them what the capsule looks like and any markings and they can tell u exactly what it is and what manufacturer as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.