Cell Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
Oh, forgot to mention I got BF the Casio GzOne. He is a fabricator, and needed something durable. If it falls, it just bounces like a rubber ball. It is water resistant and can be good submerged for I think 10-15 min. before it shorts out. It is a nice phone if you are really hard on them like he is.
As for my 27/7, as you know, a typo. But sure seems like 27 hours in a day sometimes!!! LOL

ZOE*BOXER

Boxer Insane
I love my Blackberry Pearl in navy blue. My husband has the Dash and hates it. I think we are getting him one like mine soon. Also, we have T Mobile and LOVE them. The customer service is superior. As a matter of fact, when filling up gas cans to evaguate for Gustav, I left my pearl on the bed of my truck, a bid 4x4 diesel, and it fell off and I ran it over. T Mobile actuallt warrantyed it because the screen did not crack. :)

TossBranAbi

Boxer Insane
My brother just got an LG Voyager so he gave me his old Samsung Juke. I'm still getting used to it but I like it so far. I want to get a Samsung Glyde but I don't want to sign a new contract just to get a good price so I may be waiting a while! I don't want/need a phone with internet capabilities but I do text a lot so I want something with a QWERTY keypad.

Perosnally I would stay away from the Glyde, they are known to have a lot of issues with the screen not being responsive and not working around the edges. My friend was going to get one so I did some looking into it and didn't like what I found. If you do a search for phone reviews, you will see what I mean. phonescoop.com, howardforums.com have reviews and can point you in the right direction.

From what I heard, they are in the process of discontinuing the Glyde.

i have a crackberry pearl too and im not fond of it but im always cracked out on it

What don't you like about it? My Pearl was my first blackberry so I am amazed at what all it can do. A lot of people don't like the suretype but I have found it to be very useful. I had an env before the pearl and the full qwerty was nice but I can go faster with the suretype.

I love my Blackberry Pearl in navy blue. My husband has the Dash and hates it. I think we are getting him one like mine soon. Also, we have T Mobile and LOVE them. The customer service is superior. As a matter of fact, when filling up gas cans to evaguate for Gustav, I left my pearl on the bed of my truck, a bid 4x4 diesel, and it fell off and I ran it over. T Mobile actuallt warrantyed it because the screen did not crack. :)

That is amazing. I am surprised they covered it under warranty. I am stuck with Verizon as they are the only company that gets good signal around here, I am happy with them, probably has something to do with us getting a 22% discount because Stephen works for UPS :LOL:

lilboxerbaby

Boxer Booster
HAHAHA!!! Funny thread! Fiance and I actually don't have any cell phones... after coming back from Europe (military) we decided we didn't want them. We used to be slaves to them and now we're FREE!!!! They actually annoy me quite a bit... especially cell phone drivers!!! *no offense to anyone* But eventually one day we'll probably get another one... I'll probably get a Blackberry if I do ever get one.

C

rfdfirewife

Super Boxer
I have the microsoft HTC Touch (Microsofts version of the iphone). Its not too bad. I had upgraded from my blackberry pearl. Im seriously considering going back to the blackberrry. Its alright, but seems to lately have a few glitches. It too has a light that blinks with email/texts. It doesnt take very good pictures which disappoints me. oh well...Im sure I can make it work until time for another phone.

ZOE*BOXER

Boxer Insane
Perosnally I would stay away from the Glyde, they are known to have a lot of issues with the screen not being responsive and not working around the edges. My friend was going to get one so I did some looking into it and didn't like what I found. If you do a search for phone reviews, you will see what I mean. phonescoop.com, howardforums.com have reviews and can point you in the right direction.

From what I heard, they are in the process of discontinuing the Glyde.

What don't you like about it? My Pearl was my first blackberry so I am amazed at what all it can do. A lot of people don't like the suretype but I have found it to be very useful. I had an env before the pearl and the full qwerty was nice but I can go faster with the suretype.

That is amazing. I am surprised they covered it under warranty. I am stuck with Verizon as they are the only company that gets good signal around here, I am happy with them, probably has something to do with us getting a 22% discount because Stephen works for UPS :LOL:

As of now, Verison gives me a nice discount on my wireless internet account because I work for General Motors. Speaking of GM, I am going to buy no less than 100 shares of their stock Monday as it closed at 4.89 Friday, unheard of! It HAS to get better . :LOL: What the heck, it can only help my job. ;)

Last edited:

JenaAndShawn

Boxer Pal
I have an LG Fusic. When I bought it, I really didn't text a whole lot and what I really wanted it for was the MP3 player. (Which I LOOOOVE...especially when I'm on my motorcycle...just cruise and let it shuffle thru my songs.) However...I seem to be getting more and more addicted to texting people instead of calling them, so maybe next upgrade will have to have a better set up for texting. Any suggestions?? My hubby and I have Sprint right now (hate it) and will be switching to Verizon.

Another thing I like about my phone is the 4 different color face plate cover thingys that come with it haha...it's nice to change once and a while. (I get bored too easy with things so if i can trick myself into making it SEEM different, I'm good.) :)

suzyqdogsmom

Completely Boxer Crazy
I have an ancient Motorola I60. My boss pays for it because he wants to be able to contact me if one or both of us are on the road, otherwise I probably wouldn't have one. I do throw it in the car when I go somewhere on personal time, just in case the car breaks down. I'm not much of a phone talker. I had a devil of a time finding a wall charger for it due to its age, seems that very few stores stock that anymore. Actually, I found a phone store in a little town and the man gave me a wall & car charger because he said he didn't figure anyone was going to buy it anyway and my boss's children buy all their high tech modern equipment from him. When a friend asked me if I had a blackberry, I had to tell her that according to all the Nextel store employees I didn't even have a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.