Cardiologist recommendation in Maryland area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama's Boys

Super Boxer
I took Rambo to the vet this morning to get two suspicious bumps checked out. She wasn't the least bit concerned about the bumps, and was certain that both were skin tags.

However, I also talked with her about Rambo's increased anxiety, and a recent weird spell he had when he stood frozen for about a minute and stared at me like he had no clue who i was, even as I was calling his name. His tail was tucked, and his back was arched high. She worried that it was a syncope episode, without fainting. After listening to his heart and hearing a considerable murmur and arrythmias, she said that she thinks we need to get him to a cardiologist for further testing. Rambo's had a murmur his entire life, we had an echo done about 2 years ago, and I think it was a grade 2/3.

So, I wanted to see if anyone had a cardiologist recommendation in the Maryland vacinity. She refererred us to a place called Chesapeake Veterinary Referral Service, which has a Cardiology specialty unit, with all board certified veterinary cardiologists. We don't have a Veterinary school very close to us, but Penn University Veterinary School is about 1 1/2 from us, so it would certainly be doable.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with Cardiologists in the MD/PA area, and recommended one in particular. Would it be less expensive to go to a veterinary school than a private specialty center?

Thanks in advance!

kelseighgirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
There is a place in the Baltimore (towson) area that has a cardiology group and I believe may even be part of Chesapeake. Chesapeake has several different locations in Maryland. You may want to check the website. There is also a place in New Castle Delaware.

Independence

Boxer Insane
I only dealt with the oncology department at Chesapeake in Annapolis and they were wonderful. I wish I had more to offer. I hope it all works out. Please keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.