Car seat protector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah_bailey

Super Boxer
Hi,

I've just bought myself a new car (55 plate Fiesta ST) and it's sparkling inside and out - my old car was just too rusty to continue with!

Anyway, does anyone know if there's anything I can use to protect the back seats when the dogs are in there? They slobber over all the windows too but I guess that can't really be stopped!

Thanks

kayboxer

Boxer Insane
I bought a car seat protector for my car. Just go online and check out different sites. There are different varieties to choose from. Mine you can either hook to the front to make a sort of "hammock" just have it down to protect the back seat. It is really durable and works. :)

trc4941

Super Boxer
I have been on the hunt forever for a good car seat cover. The best idea I ever got was from someone here. I bought an inexpensive fleece throw ($4/WalMart) and cut a slit for the head rest. This works like a charm for the front seat. It's easy to take off and wash. I just recently bought an actual cover (LTD) for the backseat but haven't installed it yet. I think that it might work better for SUV style backseats. I have to get everything vacuumed before I try it.

RoxiesEcho

Boxer Insane
I've not had any luck finding a cover for the back seat. Seems they are all made for SUV's or cars with head rests in the back. I got a good suggestion on here to us a sheet and cut holes for the seat belts (I need to use them for Bella's seat belt harness) Once the weather gets better so I can put the top down and work easier, that's what I'll be doing! Enjoy your new car!!

x19er

Boxer Insane
Do you need to have the seats in the back? We've found the best thing to do is to take them out altogether - put a piece of board along the floor, cover with some blankets and then the dogs have a nice flat surface and your back seats stay in perfect condition for when you come to sell the car.

taryndanae

Boxer Booster
I have been on the hunt forever for a good car seat cover. The best idea I ever got was from someone here. I bought an inexpensive fleece throw ($4/WalMart) and cut a slit for the head rest. This works like a charm for the front seat. It's easy to take off and wash.

I got a good suggestion on here to us a sheet and cut holes for the seat belts (I need to use them for Bella's seat belt harness)

These are both wonderful suggestions! Cassius wears a seatbelt as well, and he also sits in the back seat with our 4 month old son; therefore a full cover doesn't work very well!

BTW, congrats on the new car! fiestaicon

Status
Not open for further replies.